Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Service Policy - $100 cancellation fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gaswalla

Model S,3,X.. CT with Austin delivery
Sep 23, 2012
San Diego
Went to make an appointment and saw the following message in the Tesla app:

“$100 fee may be charged to your card on file for
no-shows or cancellations and reschedules
within 24 hours of appointment”

I get it that cancellations and rescheduling can cause Tesla to squander precious resources. On the other hand, Tesla service is such a mess, there is no way to actually speak with anyone, appointments get made and cancelled by Tesla routinely, and there are 5 answers for every service related question. It seems like this policy is reasonable only after Tesla gets their “stuff” together. Thoughts?
53CFE1DD-4F78-4E8D-A157-ED45E294FFF0.jpeg

Reactions: kayak1
I love it... but it should go both ways.

If I had $100 for every service appointment they didn't make or showed up w/o parts for.... I'd have another Tesla by now. They even went as far as to say that your "appointment" wasn't actually an appointment for a while. This was back when it was a couple hours drive each way so being able to take my car in and have someone look at it at that time was important. They tried to tell me that it was just to get me in line for that day which was currently at 22 cars ahead of me. They tried to tell me to leave my car there for "days" and then went on to say that they didn't have any loaners available. After much "persuasion" they found a loaner in the back. Weird.

It seems if they value their time enough to charge a $100 cancellation fee they should at least have to adhere to the same standard. Just another reason that (catch phrase ahead)....

Tesla "customer service" support is the worst.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and gaswalla