Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Store in Chesterfield, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
kemp-museum-1338.jpg
kemp1.jpg
Very brief story, but apparently authentic.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2016/08/04/tesla-to-open-dealership-in-former-kemp-auto.html

The [Kemp Auto] museum closed in summer 2015, and was bought by the Capps family. Tesla plans to build an additional building on the property, according to Chesterfield records.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Last time I was in the service center a few weeks ago, there was an offhand comment about "while we're still here," or something to that effect. I didn't think anything of it, but I guess this is it...obviously the current service center isn't much. This will be a little further for me living on the IL side, but still will be a nice place to take in my Model S. I would also think this will be better as the Model 3 puts Tesla on the map with mainstream consumers in the Midwest.

Reactions: jvonbokel
I don't have a subscription, so what I'm able to see from that link is light on details. I did find this though:

According to City of Chesterfield documents, an additional building would be constructed on the Kemp site for Tesla’s use, likely for servicing its electric vehicles.

It's not much to go on, but at this point I'd interpret that to mean that the current (museum) building will be for sales, and the new building will be for service.

Apparently some preliminary plans were shown last month to the Chesterfield Planning Commission... I wonder if those would be publicly available?

When I saw that article linked elsewhere, I thought it was strange that they would build another St. Louis area store. It makes more sense as a replacement. While closer to me than U. City, it is a lot less central of a location. However, everything else about that location is much better. That building is viewable from I-64 so more people will know they exist. They will be right down the road from St. Louis Motorcars (Lamborghini, Bugatti, Lotus, Rolls-Royce, Aston-Martin). It should be much better for test drives than the mostly 30 mph speed limit route that they take people on now.