TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Store in Chesterfield, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by efusco, Aug 4, 2016.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

#1 efusco, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Informative x 2
  2. Jo-

Jo- Member

Thanks for sharing. Last time I was in the service center a few weeks ago, there was an offhand comment about "while we're still here," or something to that effect. I didn't think anything of it, but I guess this is it...obviously the current service center isn't much. This will be a little further for me living on the IL side, but still will be a nice place to take in my Model S. I would also think this will be better as the Model 3 puts Tesla on the map with mainstream consumers in the Midwest.

• Like x 1
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

They called the facility in University City "Service Plus", you couldn't find it listed as a store. It had so little space for sales. This new facility looks amazing!

4. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I don't have a subscription, so what I'm able to see from that link is light on details. I did find this though:

It's not much to go on, but at this point I'd interpret that to mean that the current (museum) building will be for sales, and the new building will be for service.

Apparently some preliminary plans were shown last month to the Chesterfield Planning Commission... I wonder if those would be publicly available?

5. Piney999

Piney999 Member

I was in the Service Center about a month ago, and when I asked about buying merchandise, I also got an off-handed comment of "not until we move into our real store". I assumed it was public knowledge and I just missed it, but perhaps this is what they were talking about.

6. Laur

Laur Member

When I saw that article linked elsewhere, I thought it was strange that they would build another St. Louis area store. It makes more sense as a replacement. While closer to me than U. City, it is a lot less central of a location. However, everything else about that location is much better. That building is viewable from I-64 so more people will know they exist. They will be right down the road from St. Louis Motorcars (Lamborghini, Bugatti, Lotus, Rolls-Royce, Aston-Martin). It should be much better for test drives than the mostly 30 mph speed limit route that they take people on now.

7. Guy V

Guy V Member

Confirms my worst expectations. LOL ...from 6 miles from me to 20. :p

• Like x 1
  8. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

• Like x 1