TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

St. Louis / Chesterfield service center

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by STLEV, Sep 2, 2017.

1. STLEV

STLEV New Member

Drove by the former Kemp auto museum that Tesla is converting to their St. Louis facility and demolition of the out building has begun. The entrance was blocked so I didn't look inside the main building.

IMG_0326a.jpg

• Love x 1
  2. WhiskySTL

WhiskySTL Member

I had no idea about this! So is this an additional facility, or will the one at 170 & Olive be moving there?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

This will be the new showroom, at least. I would assume the service center would stay where it is, but perhaps there's enough room to have both the showroom and service in this one new facility.

4. Jmuessig

Jmuessig Member

They told me everything is moving there.

5. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Any update on when this location will open? I’d love to get my 3 at this location instead of the current dump they are in. Renderings of this new store look great, it’s a nice way to revive this building.

6. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

#6 jsrawa, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    A239BF6B-A574-46CE-9094-4A58C848E50F.jpeg It’s been 5 months since the first post about the new location but I stopped by today to take a look because I happened to be driving past. I have to say I’m disappointed, it looks like there is still a lot of work to be done. I walked all the way to the front doors but I couldn’t tell if there has been any work done inside. There is a sort of entry way and then more doors to the interior and I couldn’t see in but there were a bunch of tools and garbage inside the doors. I had never visited the museum when it was operational but this space is huge compared to the current facility, plenty of room for sales and service for the entire city for now at least. I took some pics but sorry they are so dark, it was dusk. All things aside I think this will be a great location for Tesla.

Attached Files:

7. kook43

kook43 New Member

Parking lot paving going on, as I passed by at lunch today. - Won't be done in time for my delivery sadly. :) Hoping it will include Superchargers on-site, or at least some second gen city-chargers. Great I-64 locale for it.

8. jbabb

jbabb Member

The parking lot paving looks complete, but still some work to be done at the entrance.
    IMG_20180516_121102.jpg

There are 5 conduits that look to be the size for wall connector chargers (too small for a supercharger)
    IMG_20180516_121004.jpg

9. TomServo

TomServo Member

Cool thanks for the update.

10. tpm1999

tpm1999 Member

Any new updates on this dealership/service center?

11. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

FYP!