Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Track Mode v2 and Track pack!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing how much data is contained in that CSV file (this is mine from just driving around the neighborhood). Is Race Render the best software to utilize this data?

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.55.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.55.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.55.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.55.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.56.07 AM.png

I've added my own presets that can be picked quickly if needed (or when showing to others). Would be nice if Elon added some other presets with expert-defined levels, i.e. "Autocross", "Banked Oval", "Hill Climb" (Compressor Overclock would be on for that one), etc. Or even name them for a known course with a brief description, i.e. "Laguna Seca" preset would have a description like "Ideal for meandering circuits with many curves, chicanes, and changes in height".

Just a thought.

IMG_0986.jpeg

Amazing how much data is contained in that CSV file (this is mine from just driving around the neighborhood). Is Race Render the best software to utilize this data?

View attachment 519069 View attachment 519070 View attachment 519071 View attachment 519072 View attachment 519073

RaceRender is my tool of choice just because I've always used it and TrackAddict for video and data logging in my Corvette. DashWare was recently made free but is Windows only which makes it hard for me since my work laptop is the only place I use windows.

Went to High plains raceway today and tried to gather some data. Also,brought wrong adapter after renting a carport spot to charge so didn't get as many laps I'd like but hey. So anyway I put the .csv file into racerender only to realize that it will only record the first lap of telemetry. The issue I believe is that the tesla starts time over for every lap instead of a continual clock running. It records in miliseconds which isn't an issue but the issue is I can't find an easy way to take the miliseconds from end of previous lap and add it to the next one in every table. For instance lap 1 ends at 181000 then next lap starts at 8ms. Is there a way to automatically add the 181000 to every cell in lap two? Thanks for any advice. First time at this track and was chasing a decent drive in a newer m3 on r comps. It was pretty fun just more traffic than optimal. Used about 80 miles of charge for 6-7 laps. Started at 67 percent SOC and was hoping to top off before racing started. Only got to do 12 laps before throwing it on 120 volt charger for a hour just to add an extra 5 miles to make it to the super charger.

You can add calculated column TotalTime in Google Sheets/Excel with formula =PrevTotalTime + CurrentTime - if(PrevTime < CurrentTime ; PrevTime ; 0)

If you don't understand - post your csv and I will do Google Sheet for you.

Any opinion on a ‘best’ autocross setting? Started at 35/65 w/ -3 stability, almost spun pushing too hard on a really high speed slalom. Tried 45/55 too but ended up just putting it back on race preset.
Gonna run my P85 this morning and 3P on the afternoon to compare how much nutty faster the 3 is!!!
Got PAX yesterday too but 2 cars XP and SMF beat me by <1s

You can add calculated column TotalTime in Google Sheets/Excel with formula =PrevTotalTime + CurrentTime - if(PrevTime < CurrentTime ; PrevTime ; 0)

Thanks for your reply. I actually ended up highlighting the whole lap time(ms) row for each lap and paste special adding the end number of the previous lap. I would just control c the last time of previous lap lap then click first time of next lap and shift click last time of that lap and paste special add the previous lap last reading. Hope that makes sense for anyone that has to do this. Sorry there is no sound guys my gopro didnt record so just tesla dashcam. I think i got it synced fairly well with telemetry but not perfect. Also, saw today I now have hairline crack in my roof glass :(

Last edited:
Reactions: SmartElectric
Nice! How did you get SOC to display? And, did you use the raw video from Tesla track mode or did you need to reformat it? Race render does not seem to like my video. Thanks. also thanks to mash for the formula. I had to make a small change due to an odd glitch in my data. There were two rows with identical times, so I changed the “=“ to “=<“.

• Informative
Reactions: Mash

I struggled but finally got this to work. To add some clarification I've broken it down into steps.

1. Open your track data .csv file in a spreadsheet editor like Excel, Numbers or Sheets.
2. Add a column after 'Elapsed Time (ms). Name it something like 'Total Time (ms)'. This header is your first cell in the column (C1).
3. In the second cell of your new column (C2), enter the value of the second cell in the 'Elapsed Time (ms)' column (B2). You can use a function: '=B2'.
4. In the third cell of your new column (C3), enter this formula: '=IF(B3≥B2,B3−B2+C2,B3+C2)'. Drag this formula to the bottom to populate all cells.
5. Save your file and add it as an input file in RaceRender.

You should now have a file that includes a column with your total time in ms, which can be used in RaceRender to accurately display values such as SOC, battery %, throttle position and more throughout the entire session.