TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Update: 17.28.103

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Lbkmxp100d, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

has anyone received update? If so, please post notes.

2. sharag

sharag Member

I downloaded this update today.... it's just improvements to parallel parking and auto display. Didn't notice any difference in driving, everything worked well.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I was told it enabled cameras to read road signs. Have you noticed this at all?

4. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

intrigued to know this as well

5. spentan

spentan Active Member

Interested to know if it's reading signs under AP2, Pls give us an update when you can.

6. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

If they ever finish with a little touch up paint and give me my car I'm picking up today I'll give it a try.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Interesting, only one car (on ev-fw) has reported getting this and it was last Sunday... I think the idea was it was really '833' somehow, since we are expecting all new releases to have the hash endings...

upload_2017-8-3_15-26-58.png

8. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I posted in another thread, that @Ingineer said that .103 was the "internal" version, so that's what he submitted.

9. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Well I drove about 40 miles on my way home and saw no evidence of it reading the speed limit signs. That said I found this release to be very comparable to my AP1 S I just traded in. There was the occasion hugging of the lane line but cancelling AP and restarting it seemed to fix that.

10. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

It must as now when going through construction with signs I get audible beeps and shortly after ap disables itself.

• Informative x 2
  11. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

AP1 has read signs for a long time now (maybe since day 1 of Model-X launch). @Lbkmxp100d was probably referring to AP2 potentially reading signs now too with latest build.

With regards to the disabling of Auto-Pilot and more frequent "Hold Steering" prompts, that happens when the system is less confident with the road way. It's entirely possible that the latest build has made the system more cautious, so that's why you're seeing this behavior.

• Like x 1
  12. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

That's correct @vandacca. I was referring to AP2. If it's not reading sign I'm curious to know how it detects construction zones? Gps?

13. Tom Kilroy

Tom Kilroy Member

My AP2 reads signs as the display changes...what it does with the information it reads isn't clear to me yet.

14. mickey6

mickey6 Member

Wait....is this on AP1 as I don't think AP2 displays cars in the adjacent lanes yet?

15. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Who told you that?

My AP2 X (with about 1,100 miles on it) does not display cars in adjacent lanes. When a car ahead of me moves into my lane it has to get about halfway into the lane before it shows up on the display.

Drove an AP1 car a week ago, and as I think everyone is aware, it does show cars in adjacent lanes.

16. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

That's interesting.

AP1 definitely knows construction cones/barrels, and during my driving this summer I always got sub thrity second hold wheel prompts.

I've never seen the instant audible alert before, though.

I did see the red hands come up immediately in a construction zone last year, when bad markings made the lane seem to turn into a triangle. The only other times I've seen immediate red hands were in the Baltimore tunnels, which sometimes panic the radar - but then it gives a warning message in the bottom of the screen about reduced visibility afterwards.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I did notice that your red hands came up after two audible alerts, exactly like what you'd expect if you'd gotten the audibles from missing the prompts.

• Like x 1
  17. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That's interesting, as I know the versions have a 'clean number' (103) and the 'hash number' but I thought we were using the hash, since that's what it now displays. No wonder 'no one else' has 103.... :D

• Helpful x 1