Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update: 17.28.103

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, only one car (on ev-fw) has reported getting this and it was last Sunday... I think the idea was it was really '833' somehow, since we are expecting all new releases to have the hash endings...

upload_2017-8-3_15-26-58.png

Well I drove about 40 miles on my way home and saw no evidence of it reading the speed limit signs. That said I found this release to be very comparable to my AP1 S I just traded in. There was the occasion hugging of the lane line but cancelling AP and restarting it seemed to fix that.

It must as now when going through construction with signs I get audible beeps and shortly after ap disables itself.
AP1 has read signs for a long time now (maybe since day 1 of Model-X launch). @Lbkmxp100d was probably referring to AP2 potentially reading signs now too with latest build.

With regards to the disabling of Auto-Pilot and more frequent "Hold Steering" prompts, that happens when the system is less confident with the road way. It's entirely possible that the latest build has made the system more cautious, so that's why you're seeing this behavior.

Reactions: fasteddie7
AP1 has read signs for a long time now (maybe since day 1 of Model-X launch). @Lbkmxp100d was probably referring to AP2 potentially reading signs now too with latest build.

With regards to the disabling of Auto-Pilot and more frequent "Hold Steering" prompts, that happens when the system is less confident with the road way. It's entirely possible that the latest build has made the system more cautious, so that's why you're seeing this behavior.

That's correct @vandacca. I was referring to AP2. If it's not reading sign I'm curious to know how it detects construction zones? Gps?

I was told it enabled cameras to read road signs. Have you noticed this at all?
Who told you that?

Wait....is this on AP1 as I don't think AP2 displays cars in the adjacent lanes yet?
My AP2 X (with about 1,100 miles on it) does not display cars in adjacent lanes. When a car ahead of me moves into my lane it has to get about halfway into the lane before it shows up on the display.

Drove an AP1 car a week ago, and as I think everyone is aware, it does show cars in adjacent lanes.

It must as now when going through construction with signs I get audible beeps and shortly after ap disables itself.

That's interesting.

AP1 definitely knows construction cones/barrels, and during my driving this summer I always got sub thrity second hold wheel prompts.

I've never seen the instant audible alert before, though.

I did see the red hands come up immediately in a construction zone last year, when bad markings made the lane seem to turn into a triangle. The only other times I've seen immediate red hands were in the Baltimore tunnels, which sometimes panic the radar - but then it gives a warning message in the bottom of the screen about reduced visibility afterwards.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I did notice that your red hands came up after two audible alerts, exactly like what you'd expect if you'd gotten the audibles from missing the prompts.

Reactions: fasteddie7
I posted in another thread, that @Ingineer said that .103 was the "internal" version, so that's what he submitted.
That's interesting, as I know the versions have a 'clean number' (103) and the 'hash number' but I thought we were using the hash, since that's what it now displays. No wonder 'no one else' has 103.... :D

• Helpful
Reactions: flar