Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gave Tidal another go on the way home from work on version 2021.44.6 and it still buffers or takes a bit for the next song to start. The play pause button spins in a circle while the song loads and in the picture I included that was after 15+ seconds of it spinning at 3 bars using the cars connection. These songs are not hifi, when a song is hifi it labels it as such and interestingly enough those songs load faster in my case.

Attachments

• B5273C9A-52FD-4EDD-8484-D1A8DC675A6C.jpeg
    B5273C9A-52FD-4EDD-8484-D1A8DC675A6C.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Once I was able to use tidal I excitedly tried using it on all my teslas but found one major issue that I continued to encounter. With Spotify i never had an issue with music playback, buffering or songs taking minutes to load. For whatever reason no matter how many bars of service the car had, Tidal buffered and the songs would take forever to play when skipping songs. I think it’s because of how much bandwidth the songs use causing the buffering. I reached out to tidal and reported the issue
Tidal does have ability to download songs, unlike Spotify. Should eliminate all playback issues

I would be curious if 44.25 will see the merging of some of the branches out there, in particular Vision and the Radar branches. As it seems Vision only vehicles are on a separate branch with radar cars seeing the 40.X updates, etc while Vision only vehicles sat on 36.8 for a few months before moving to 44.6.

Not saying the merging would be disabling radar, but at least Vision only cars could see the updates the radar cars get at the same time vs waiting another month or two to get caught up.

Reactions: jebinc