Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took many levels of changes to get to the v10 interface, hence the v10… If you were new to Tesla, this would now be the only interface you‘ve ever known… Trust the process, they’ll fine tune it, send them your feedback directly.
I think your point is well stated. I am new to Tesla with a 2021+ MS and love the UI. I believe Tesla is pulling the 3/Y to the same look and feel and probably for many reasons including one driver portfolio that works in any Tesla. There are thousands here with the older Gen S/X with vertical screens. I got a P75 as a loner and was lost totally and hated it….until I didn’t ! With Tesla I have learned you give them a ton of money and then come along for the ride but OH how I love my ride !

Reactions: Tezlowski
It took many levels of changes to get to the v10 interface, hence the v10… If you were new to Tesla, this would now be the only interface you‘ve ever known… Trust the process, they’ll fine tune it, send them your feedback directly.
Send them feedback directly??? How would one go about doing that and have any confidence the message was actually seen by a human?

That's the only area Tesla does not exceed - customer relations.

Reactions: linux-works
Send them feedback directly??? How would one go about doing that and have any confidence the message was actually seen by a human?

That's the only area Tesla does not exceed - customer relations.
Joe Mode is a perfect example of it. Elon responds directly to people on Twitter and has made updates based on feedback. Among many other reasons for what they do and the way they do it, they’re a tech company first then an auto manufacturer.

Change is inevitably challenging to most and comes with some resistance/growing pains. However, this is the only vehicle on the market where you basically get a “new car” with updates like this. You didn’t have to purchase the update, yet you had features added to your car. PLUS, some of those features are pure gifts like the light show and new games. What other auto manufacturers do things like this for their customers? Basically none. Just think we all need to remember a couple things here… Tesla did not become Tesla by doing what all other companies do, it’s unique in every single way and Elon is a scientist, there is contestant R&D taking place in each of our vehicles to advance technology at an exponential rate...AI, EVs, etc… You sign up for that when you buy a Tesla… Maybe most importantly, what’s great about this forum and everything mentioned is that Elon/Tesla actually listen to their customers, make adjustments, improvements, etc. He actually responds to people on Twitter and someone with his money could just quit, retire, and go enjoy the endless funds he’s earned in life thus far… yet, he continues to try and push the envelope. I think this update will grow on everyone, I love the new UI overall and think there’s definitely some great points made here for even more fine tuning. Most importantly, enjoy being part of the journey, all of this is pretty incredible when you really think about some of these ‘complaints’ and everything.
Perfectly said

How do we send feedback directly? And please don’t say Tweet Elon…
Hahaha, of course you can Tweet Elon… and that's actually effective, clearly everyone knows that but it's more fun to complain about things.

OR… use the form in the link below or the press email. I'm sure it's more convenient to just complain here and ignore stuff like this on the basis of "it won't help" but do you really know that if you don't legitimately try? Heck, you may not get what you want but you may get an explanation as to why they are doing things a certain way.

I finally drove my Y forth first time since the upgrade and all I can say is WHY! Do they sit around trying to figure out how to make features less convenient? About the only positive is the Blind Spot Monitoring, which is probably the best that could be done after blowing the originally design. I will get use to it, but it sometimes make me wish there were buttons so they couldn't move them.

Reactions: diddy84
I finally figured out the culprit to the camera problem, at least in my car ...
Seems the holiday update itself did not cause the cameras to fail, but running the light show prevented them from working correctly afterwards. Service remotely pushed 2021.44.25.2 install (again), and after a reboot the cameras were functional again. Not suspecting the light show, Iran it again for my daughter's entertainment. Sure enough cameras went offline. Service pushed 2021.44.25.2 once more, rebooted and things are normal once more.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else sees this issue.

Reactions: OxBrew
I will say that I expect to see many used Model 3's and Model Y's hot the market soon. If this completely ruined the car.. vs not getting the update you wished for. True some issues with it. But I still get from point A to Point B. Only problem with all these Model 3/Y's is it will drop the value of my car because having too many available?

• Funny
Reactions: DanDi58