Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update - X Swerved into Other Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone have issues with 16.2.1 update? I (NAP) was driving at night on a single lane rural road when suddenly the car swerved into the oncoming traffic lane. It was on a slight curve and a minivan was in the other lane. The only reason I avoided a head-on crash is because I immediately took over, missed it by a hair's length!!:eek:

I traveled this road countless times prior to this update with zero issues. I also noticed a few other glitches on NAP, but none as dangerous as this narrow miss.

Please post if any of you had similar or other glitches with NAP from the latest update.

Did anyone have issues with 16.2.1 update? I (NAP) was driving at night on a single lane rural road when suddenly the car swerved into the oncoming traffic lane. It was on a slight curve and a minivan was in the other lane. The only reason I avoided a head-on crash is because I immediately took over, missed it by a hair's length!!:eek:

I traveled this road countless times prior to this update with zero issues. I also noticed a few other glitches on NAP, but none as dangerous as this narrow miss.

Please post if any of you had similar or other glitches with NAP from the latest update.
That’s the very reason why I rarely use AP anywhere but interstates or 4-lane divided highways.

I didn’t think NAP worked anywhere except interstates but regular autopilot (auto steer) works everywhere else.

I’ve noticed some unsafe merging behavior that started a couple of updates ago (goes from the merge lane all the way across the highway to the leftmost lane). It does this very abruptly at the end of the merge lane and almost hit another car once.

I also have a late 2017 X and feel the last update was a step back. I have not had noteworthy incidents so. Maybe the ai is now prioritizing for HW3 or some of the rewriting they are talking about was switched over. As I’m almost not driving any more it could be also with the car not yet trained yet. I had bad experiences with prior updates in the beginning and after a while they disappeared without update. Does anyone know if Tesla silently updates AI or is it just the car calibration improving the driving?