Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update yesterday: 2024.14.9, issue with Spotify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update yesterday (2024.14.9), and really like most of it, except one thing.
Hoping you guys can help me with this ....

Basically, when playing music using spotify, in the past it showed the playlist below the song title and artist in the small window in the bottom left corner of the screen.
I really like the feature of being able to see the playlist, but now that seems to be gone.
Even when I tap on the name of the song, the spotify screen opens, but it's still not showing the playlist at all.

Is there a way to get this back, which I don't know of?
Could somebody please also confirm that they are seeing the same "issue"?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Reactions: pinolero
Just because they remove things from the display, doesn't mean it's an 'issue'. It's just the way the design is now. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I know, hence the "quotes" around the word "issue" in my post. Don't think this makes any difference though.

Looking for a solution though, sounds like there isn't one. Can't easily go back to your playlist, it's weird now.

I noticed that which is annoying. You only get a handful of songs when you click on the current song being played and can no longer scroll through the various pages of the playlist. The only way to do is to click home, then the playlist itself which is too many steps.

I've also noticed that when you click on shuffle, it does not actually remain in shuffle mode. It will shuffle from one song and that's it. I've tried enabling it from the mini screen and the full screen and nothing. I've also rebooted thinking it was just a glitch, but the issue still remains. Anyone else having this happen to them?

Reactions: flixden
Wow, this is terrible. I pretty much only listen to music via playlists and at that, am always scrolling through the list. They got rid of this? 2024.14.9 is ready to install in my MY. Might pass for a while and see if they bring his back in a future version. Or are there too many other positives of this update to wait?

Could someone post a picture of the new, shorter list that we can see, without going "home"?

Wow, this is terrible. I pretty much only listen to music via playlists and at that, am always scrolling through the list. They got rid of this? 2024.14.9 is ready to install in my MY. Might pass for a while and see if they bring his back in a future version. Or are there too many other positives of this update to wait?

Could someone post a picture of the new, shorter list that we can see, without going "home"?
The list doesn't even look like it's part of the playlist you are actually listening to. It's really weird, and kinda messed up.
While I like the rest of the update, I wish I wouldn't have installed it.
Not near the car right now, but you wouldn't really see anything in a picture. Just shows the song playing, and then some sort of "up next" list. No mention of the playlist running anywhere as far as I can tell.

I noticed something with that also. I’m not near the car and my memory is fuzzy since I wasn’t trying to figure it out at the time, but I believe that when I tapped the song title on the little bottom left window, it brought up a new playlist based on that song (edited: in the big right window)…but then if I hit the little left carrot at the top of the big playlist window, it brought me back to the original playlist. Not sure if there’s a way to see it yet within the small left Spotify window yet.

Reactions: flixden
I noticed something with that also. I’m not near the car and my memory is fuzzy since I wasn’t trying to figure it out at the time, but I believe that when I tapped the song title on the little bottom left window, it brought up a new playlist based on that song (edited: in the big right window)…but then if I hit the little left carrot at the top of the big playlist window, it brought me back to the original playlist. Not sure if there’s a way to see it yet within the small left Spotify window yet.
Interesting!
What little left carrot are you referring to? Do you have a picture maybe, or could you take one?
That sounds like a workaround for the time being, if that works. A bandaid, of course, but better than nothing!

Interesting!
What little left carrot are you referring to? Do you have a picture maybe, or could you take one?
That sounds like a workaround for the time being, if that works. A bandaid, of course, but better than nothing!

So here’s a playlist that I started playing while in the car (this didn’t work with handoff from my phone already playing it)…second song is playing:
IMG_6041.jpeg

When I tap the name of the song, Best Life, in the bottom left window it pulls up a playlist based on that song:

IMG_6042.jpeg

If I tap that left carrot that I circled in red at the top, it takes me back to the original Chill Tracks playlist.

Hope that helps with what you’re desiring!

Seems like they added a feature, which is songs related to the actual song playing. And then to get back to the old way of looking at it, you just have to hit that back carrot. Does that summarize it? If so, that’s not a dealbreaker for me. And I actually like the addition of that related-song feature.

Yep that’s what it seems like, as long as you started playing the song in the car and it didn’t start playing automatically bc it was the last song playing on your phone.
Spotify for iOS has that same feature of making playlists based on a song.
I just installed the update. I can confirm this functionality is as described. While I don’t know if I like it better, it’s definitely not a bad thing. You get added functionality of similar songs, which I have been looking for. And then you’re one click away from getting back to the list. This should not be too upsetting to anyone.