Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New updates means new glitches

Are early updates worth the glitches

• Yes

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 has reaped the benefits of updates (some of them pretty trivial) but alongside these have come some unwanted glitches. In February this year following a Update download my car received while I was on holiday in Portugal the car stopped waking up in response to my iPhone app Contacting it via WiFi. The app still worked via Bluetooth when I returned but a service call got the response that this WiFi failure to wake up the car was a ‘know problem’ and a fix would come out with a future update. Now almost 6 months and three new updates later still the glitch is not fixed.
After the most recent update 2020.20.17 which brought my car virtually nothing but some new game and yet another NEW GLITCH this time my phone now works making and receiving in car calls with the exception there is NO SOUND through the car system so that hands free safety feature is gone. Again I have been advised this is a ‘Known fault‘ with other owners reporting the loss of phone sound capability. Service says A fix will come with a future update but I fear I may have a six month wait without In car hands free phone.
Firstly I would like to know if any other owners have suffered these glitches, I haven’t met any yet.
Secondly have any owners experienced glitches of a similar or different nature following downloading an update.
On the hands free fault I was reminded by the service person that ‘ I must remember that the Tesla is a highly advanced tech car compared to other cars and I must expect some glitches’. The service person did not take kindly to being reminded there is nothing very high tech or new about in car hands free phone systems they have been in cars since before Tesla set up in business and every 2020 £50000 car in the world has the system installed as standard.
While Tesla service staff are generally sympathetic and polite; they are so obviously reading from a script when they respond to a problem it’s embarrassing not for me, for them.
I am going to remove my car from priority updates and in future will wait for the tried and tested version.

There are no "tried and tested" versions. By changing your software update tab to standard, you'll still get the same software, just not as soon as others.

You CAN eliminate some minor "glitches" after an update by doing a power down reboot - power down via the button in the Safety and Security menu, then sit in the car for 3-5 minutes without touching anything, then powering back on by pushing the brake pedal; and then doing a two button reset with the steering wheel buttons. This two step method has long been suggested for teslas since the earliest model S's.

Reactions: afadeev