Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New User looking for advise on roadster purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! Thank you for the mighty responses! A best-represented example of a future volunteer itinerary, from Cambridge, MA, heading towards Silicon Valley, CA. After volunteer completion, from Silicon Valley, CA, heading towards Cambridge, MA. My mother states that either Tesla, that be the 2018 Tesla Model 3 or 2010 Tesla Roadster, are considered ‘adult toys’. The objective from the gecko had been to acquire 1 of each asset; as a result, I have steered clear of investing in ’temporary’ items. I’m much more interested in the long-term investments. Sole reason I have yet to purchase a traditional ICE vehicle. Without mention of aspects such as, difference in charging sessions, designated charging stations, charging time, Tesla Maintenance, practicality, longevity, warranty coverage, etc. Perhaps, I may be ahead of my time, or in a sense reasonable? Browny Points awarded to current Tesla Roadster owners, you guys rock! The Tesla Maintenance on the current Tesla Roadsters ensured reminders me to think twice. What may well be in my best interests? Patiently await, gawking at photos, until I may purchase upon completion of Medical School (8+ years)? Settle for the 2018 Tesla Model 3 (Standard Range)? Take no action? Feel free to share your thoughts!

If you wait something will always either be more important, or the next best thing is always just on the horizon. For me the Porsche Mission E made me think I twice about buying an 8 year old car. But the roadster has Soul, it’s not a sterile mas produced car. 8 years of Medical school seems like a long time, most of which you will be drinking hard.
Coffee, lots of it, your car if any, will be long forgotten. 8 years will be a blur, your priority’s will change. I don’t want to disuade you but your mother it totally correct. Any vehicle is a toy, I had a Sierra RS 500 at 17, it was a toy, a vauxhall HSR, another toy, a 1955 Ford popular. All toys. They got me to work and back sure enough but they were toys. The roadster is my daily driver now, the Cayenne has been parked up since the day I flew to pick the roadster up. And it is without a doubt the best, easiest toy I have owned. Not the most individual but the most fun. Does anyone here need theirs, totally not, but ask to borrow it. No chance! The model3 will depreciate and if I were just looking for Electric I think used leafs are dropping in price rapidly. Have lots of charging options. And you can buy adaptors for Tesla chargers. The future is bright, the future is.......... not gas powered cars.

Yes! Thank you for the mighty responses! A best-represented example of a future volunteer itinerary, from Cambridge, MA, heading towards Silicon Valley, CA. After volunteer completion, from Silicon Valley, CA, heading towards Cambridge, MA. My mother states that either Tesla, that be the 2018 Tesla Model 3 or 2010 Tesla Roadster, are considered ‘adult toys’. The objective from the gecko had been to acquire 1 of each asset; as a result, I have steered clear of investing in ’temporary’ items. I’m much more interested in the long-term investments. Sole reason I have yet to purchase a traditional ICE vehicle. Without mention of aspects such as, difference in charging sessions, designated charging stations, charging time, Tesla Maintenance, practicality, longevity, warranty coverage, etc. Perhaps, I may be ahead of my time, or in a sense reasonable? Browny Points awarded to current Tesla Roadster owners, you guys rock! The Tesla Maintenance on the current Tesla Roadsters ensured reminders me to think twice. What may well be in my best interests? Patiently await, gawking at photos, until I may purchase upon completion of Medical School (8+ years)? Settle for the 2018 Tesla Model 3 (Standard Range)? Take no action? Feel free to share your thoughts!
The two are VERY different cars. The Model 3 is practical, can move more people and things, and with SuperCharging can be your only car. The Roadster is a blast to drive, but not very practical as space is at a minimum and SuperCharging not an option. With the 3.0 battery and careful planning one could likely do 400 miles a day for a long trip but I have comfortably done 650 miles in a Model 3.