Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vs Old Rear Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know CR didn't seem to like the rolling improvements, but why? I know some early buyers might not get the "latest and greatest", but this is actually ALWAYS the case. The main difference between Tesla and other carmakers is that with other carmakers, and entire model year of people don't get the upgrades. At least with Tesla, they get them as soon as possible - so instead of everyone who is getting a 2018 model getting the "non-upgraded" car, at least many more people will get things like the updated windshield, beefier seats, updated suspension, and so on.

I'm VERY happy to see Tesa taking the critical feedback into account and altering their cars in VERY short time frames. This is a game-changer IMHO. I can't tell you how many times I have held off buying a car because I suspected the automaker might roll something out better next year. At least with Tesla, you kinda feel like whatever issues they know about are likely to be fixed within weeks, not years. Good for them.

I wonder if we'll get to the point where owners are advertising "back seat swaps". It would make a lot of sense if the "fold flat rear seats" are a highly desired item for some where as the "comfort rear seats" would be to many others.

If I thought I would be folding the seats down a lot and only occasionally taking back seat passengers I would already be looking to swap for one of the older seats when my car arrives!

Reactions: Zoomit and gene
My VIN is in the 16,6xx and I have the older seat how do I get the newer seats replaced? Why should us that are in the beginning of the order process be guinea pigs for everyone else? Not saying that I'm not super excited about my car but definitely would like a refinement that includes Comfort like that. Also does anybody have any idea what the front seats change to before and after pictures? Love My Model 3

My VIN is in the 16,6xx and I have the older seat how do I get the newer seats replaced? Why should us that are in the beginning of the order process be guinea pigs for everyone else? Not saying that I'm not super excited about my car but definitely would like a refinement that includes Comfort like that. Also does anybody have any idea what the front seats change to before and after pictures? Love My Model 3
I would have to agree with you 100% however as we have watched Tesla over the years....they don't have model years and update whenever they like without looking back.

Unfortunately buying a Tesla is always at risk of being immediately out-of-date.

Yesss….. More cushion for the cushion.

I wonder if I should delay my performance edition due to improvements such as this.

Well you’ll definitely get the newer seats, at least. Like me you’ve waited a LONG time. IMO move forward with your order and enjoy the car! :) We already know we’re not getting SAS, as another example, but at least we *know* it’s not coming for 6-12 months (and definitely not until 2019, after the full tax credit is down to half), per Elon.

Reactions: Garlan Garner