Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wall Connector :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone who wants to daisy-chain new ones put the old used ones up for sale for someone who doesn't want to pay full price for a singe charger? I know this introduces a hit to the original owner AND the buyer who has to hassle to find the seller and do shipment, but it could work for some people.

I don't see why not. The person could buy two new WCs, get them installed in place of the original HPWC and then put the old one up for sale. I'm sure there are a number of people that would be interested in a HPWC at a cheaper price. The new one is $550, so an old one with no warranty, and less features/options, might be worth ~$300? (But that is still less than half of the cost of a UMC.)

I wish they showed this new HPWC earlier... got mine installed 2 weeks ago... I also place reservation for Model 3. New one works in team on same breaker but only with another new. Instead have one old one :( oh well... I am still not sure if I go forward with my Model 3 reservation - might decide to wait for new roadster coming "soon" :))))