Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New X100D charging at reduced amps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit the bullet and had HPWC Gen2 installed this morning
Now I can charge fine.

Electrician is one of Tesla’s recommended installers here in SW Florida so they said will submit it as a warranty replacement (I had to pay for the new HPWC).

So Tesla paid for the installer, but not the WC? They did the opposite for me, Gave me a new WC for free, but could not cover the installation. I said, "No problem, I can install it myself" It was actually much easier to install the new design, than the original. So I am golden from my own garage. That however does not address the thousands of destination chargers in the wild. Even the local Mall Tesla store is equipped with the old model. Now they are all just shut off.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
So Tesla paid for the installer, but not the WC? They did the opposite for me, Gave me a new WC for free, but could not cover the installation. I said, "No problem, I can install it myself" It was actually much easier to install the new design, than the original. So I am golden from my own garage. That however does not address the thousands of destination chargers in the wild. Even the local Mall Tesla store is equipped with the old model. Now they are all just shut off.

Actually traded emails this evening with tesla charging team.

They will pay for charger and I’m responsible for install charges ($150).

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
50AEABD9-25B0-4A5E-A65F-832DA5ABB4AA.jpeg
Props to @bob_p and @X Fan for doing some dirty work with Tesla ...ranger just came didn’t even bother looking at car this was my fix ...took 2 min lol :eek:

Reactions: X Fan