TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New xpel window tint

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Xd85, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Xd85

Xd85 Member

Anybody have experience with xpel ceramic tint? Seems to be new on the block. I plan to get 30% transmittance on windows, rear glass. Any advice on windshield and panoramic roof?

2. Gt1948

Gt1948 Member

3. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

I have ceraluxe 20% installed on all 4 windows and a clear tint (forgot the brand its the one everyone recommends here) on front windshield. Highly recommend the front windshield. I got the idea off the forum members and wow does it cut heat. Especially this week in Socal, I can tell the difference between my car and my friends who doesnt have the windshield tinted.

Id stick with what has been tested. We know certain brands are true ceramic where others lie and say it is when its really not 100% ceramic.