Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y news Forthcoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt anything significant until the new year. We already know the release will be earlier then expected.
As to the stock market reaction that has happened before after unveilings so I suspect it will bounce back fairly quickly after people better understand the Cybertruck.

Reactions: Mattzilla
I would love some towing specs. I have a travel trailer (11,000 pounds) and a boat/trailer (3,900 pounds). I was waiting for the Cybertruck to see if that could be my go-to for both, but that’s not happening. Overall, that’s fine because sometime I want to take both on trips so I’m going to keep my F-150 for the travel trailer and now just need a daily driver that can do boat duty. I only use the F-150 when I have to for towing and hauling so I don’t feel too bad about it.

5,000 pound towing capacity is probably too much to hope for with the Y, but I’m waiting a bit longer to see if it happens. The E-Tron and the EQC are rated for 4000, but they are expensive, and not really good anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: bnsfengineer
I would love some towing specs. I have a travel trailer (11,000 pounds) and a boat/trailer (3,900 pounds). I was waiting for the Cybertruck to see if that could be my go-to for both, but that’s not happening. Overall, that’s fine because sometime I want to take both on trips so I’m going to keep my F-150 for the travel trailer and now just need a daily driver that can do boat duty. I only use the F-150 when I have to for towing and hauling so I don’t feel too bad about it.

5,000 pound towing capacity is probably too much to hope for with the Y, but I’m waiting a bit longer to see if it happens. The E-Tron and the EQC are rated for 4000, but they are expensive, and not really good anyway.

do you just not like the looks of the CT? It really is a steal for functionality and storage and passenger space for $50k

do you just not like the looks of the CT? It really is a steal for functionality and storage and passenger space for $50k
Yes. It’s not for me. I try to temper my statements about things I don’t like because I realize my opinions are not facts, but I personally think the thing looks terrible. I like low key, don’t stand out type of vehicles.

Reactions: Lobstahz and N5329K
Yes. It’s not for me. I try to temper my statements about things I don’t like because I realize my opinions are not facts, but I personally think the thing looks terrible. I like low key, don’t stand out type of vehicles.

I agree the CT will obviously stand out more but don’t all other Teslas stand out too?

the CT has definitely grown on me and what you get for the price is pretty amazing. But not for everyone though obviously.

I’d love a CT, but there are some things preventing me from buying it.

It probably won’t fit in a lot of the parking spaces I frequent.

Might not fit in my garage.

Probably won’t be great on tight mountain roads (I could be totally wrong on this)

I don’t tow.

Most importantly, it’s not out for 2-3 years. My Jeep has over 200,000 miles, a constant burning smell, blown out suspension and a handful of other issues. She won’t make it that long as a daily driver.

The Y is close. Can still carry camping gear, and with a rack, my bikes.

Reactions: AlanSqB
I’d love a CT, but there are some things preventing me from buying it.

It probably won’t fit in a lot of the parking spaces I frequent.

Might not fit in my garage.

Probably won’t be great on tight mountain roads (I could be totally wrong on this)

I don’t tow.

Most importantly, it’s not out for 2-3 years. My Jeep has over 200,000 miles, a constant burning smell, blown out suspension and a handful of other issues. She won’t make it that long as a daily driver.

The Y is close. Can still carry camping gear, and with a rack, my bikes.

CT definitely won’t fit in a standard garage but it’s no bigger than a Ford F-150

CT definitely won’t fit in a standard garage but it’s no bigger than a Ford F-150

A standard new garage where I live has a six and a half foot door and is over 20' deep. Assuming CT can lower itself a bit, it will fit.

I don't think there's any set definition of what a "standard garage" is. Garages come in all different shapes and sizes.

When we expanded our garage a few years ago, we made sure the new garage bay had a taller garage door than the other two garages. We also had the other two doors widened and we don't have any problem fitting our vehicles in them. Given enough time and money, pretty much any garage could be modified, if necessary.

We have a Model Y and Cybertrucks on order and I know they will fit in our garages. Sadly, we will have to get rid of a 3 or S in order to make room for them.