Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie model 3 owner: must have upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the forum - nice to see a fellow mom around here :)

The only things I've purchased so far are the 3D MAXpider floor mats and the Tesla frunk and trunk all-weather mats. Very happy with the protection those provide. I am hoping to purchase one of @Kenriko 's console wraps as soon as they are on Amazon Canada.

Not sure how old your little one(s) is/are and if this is doable, but I also instituted a "no food/water only" rule in the car - which has really helped. ;)

Oh that's funny. My 7 yr old is bummed out that we got the M3 instead of the X. But yeah .I'm instituting no food and no back seat kicking in mine.

Maxspider mats seem to be the way to go. Ordering those for sure

Reactions: TT97 and Kira
Hi Desi,
Welcome to the forums and the Tesla family.

Here’s some info for mats:
Favorite Floor Mats?

If you’re interested in paint protection film PM me. I just had full Xpel film done.

I’ve been in NJ almost 30 years and have never needed snow tires. In my opinion all seasons are fine. I know others may not agree but it’s worked for me. I’ve lived in upstate NY and that’s where you really need snow or winter tires.

Thank u for the link .Iming as well

Thanks everyone. Had to Google "clear bra" that was a fun 15 mins. I've seen full car wrap deals for $2500 and wasn't sure if that is less or more. Also someone said they help with the road salt issue too (I'm not sure what that issue is, but salt and car can't be good)
There are different types of “wraps”. One is a full vinyl wrap where a shop just wraps the entire car in vinyl. You’ve probably seen these around-they’re the ones that typically have ads, their company logos, or other information printed on vinyl wrap driving around town. Some people also get their personal vehicles “wrapped” when they want a different color. To my knowledge, these types of wraps do not offer the same protection as Xpel, 3M, Suntek, etc. and they’re mostly for aesthetic reasons and not for paint protection. Xpel and the other brands will actually save your paint from scratches and other minor road debris. A full PPF (paint protection film) install can be anywhere from 4-7K depending on where you go in the NJ area. If anyone is charging $2500 for full vehicle PPF run away. Most likely the shop is not experienced or reputable. Also good idea to check the Xpel, 3M or other PPF web sites for authorized installers.

• Love
Reactions: Desi42
If your state requires front plates, look up the “Bandit” plate for the M3. You can find it reviewed on YouTube.

If your state wants you to put paint-destroying “special access” stickers all over your car that expire a few years later and have to be removed along with half your paint job because... reasons and lobbyists... there are mini-wrap kits you can get to put between the sticker and your paint...

• Informative
We have to buy those? Doesn't the car like beep or something if it goes low?

The car has a tire pressure monitoring system consisting of:
  • A small battery-powered sensor embedded in each of the 4 wheels at the valve stems
  • A wireless receiver installed in each of the 4 wheel wells
  • Wiring
  • Electronics
Esquire was referring to the pressure sensors embedded in the wheels. If you were to replace your wheels with a set that lacks those sensors, the system would be incomplete, and your car would be incapable of gauging tire inflation and therefore unable to determine when to beep at you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
High Fives to the Mom's (especially single and holding it down)! I'm not one but Respect!

I got the Console wrap over a month ago and haven't put it on yet. Watch the videos to get it right. Cool thing is you can take it off if you don't like it.

Tinting the windows to me was the thing that set it off. I have 40 on and it really keeps temps down and from everyone being able to see in like you are on display.

I too have accessory issues.

As someone from NY and snowy weather...!!

3D Maxpider Floor Mats!! - Way better than weathertech. I wish they made them for all my cars!
Center Console Wrap

Best 2 mods I have done to mine, and I got my radar detector hard wired but that's a more personal preference.

Now that the salt hit the roads here in Buffalo my M3 is tucked away next to my other summer car until the weather gets nice again.

I will be getting it clear bra'ed as well, hood, front bumper, and headlights. Just waiting until it comes out of storage...

PS. I got wheel locks from Tesla..and the Aero Wheel Caps but haven't put them on yet...I like the Aero wheels more and more...

Enjoy!!