Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie query - Car not showing on Tesla Log in but is on app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well 48 hours into ownership (well business lease) of our SR+ and overall really enjoying it. It was delivered early before I could get a charging point installed at work and with no Superchargers nearby, been relying on various other public charging points (over 50% broken) - has been a trying start to EV ownership!

Anyway. My Tesla app started working a few hours after delivery with no problem but when I log into my Tesla account through a browser, there is no car linked to my account and the referral code used during ordering isn’t showing up. I’m due to visit my first Supercharger on Saturday but I’m concerned if my account isn’t linked to my car, the SC won’t work as there won’t be any payment method linked to the car. Am I right to be concerned and should I contact Tesla direct (assuming they have a web help desk)?

Thanks in advance

Well 48 hours into ownership (well business lease) of our SR+ and overall really enjoying it. It was delivered early before I could get a charging point installed at work and with no Superchargers nearby, been relying on various other public charging points (over 50% broken) - has been a trying start to EV ownership!

Anyway. My Tesla app started working a few hours after delivery with no problem but when I log into my Tesla account through a browser, there is no car linked to my account and the referral code used during ordering isn’t showing up. I’m due to visit my first Supercharger on Saturday but I’m concerned if my account isn’t linked to my car, the SC won’t work as there won’t be any payment method linked to the car. Am I right to be concerned and should I contact Tesla direct (assuming they have a web help desk)?

Thanks in advance

If it's a lease then I believe it won't show up on the Tesla website.

You should still be able to add payment details to your account for supercharging though - worse case you'll get an email after charging for the first time telling you to pay.

If it's a lease then I believe it won't show up on the Tesla website.

You should still be able to add payment details to your account for supercharging though - worse case you'll get an email after charging for the first time telling you to pay.

Ok thanks for the reply - was really concerned I’d rock up at the SC and not be able to charge it.

Should the referral free miles show up anyway in the app?

You're not the primary account holder. The lease company is. It's their car, not yours.

I'm in the same situation. App works fine. No car on my account, but my account has my credit card details. I can supercharge fine, and can also log in and download supercharging invoices from my account.

You're not the primary account holder. The lease company is. It's their car, not yours.

I'm in the same situation. App works fine. No car on my account, but my account has my credit card details. I can supercharge fine, and can also log in and download supercharging invoices from my account.
How do you get the app to work? I’m in same situation and app will
Not find car?

How do you get the app to work? I’m in same situation and app will
Not find car?
Hi Laura,

The lease company (as the owner and main account holder) should have added you as a secondary user, for your car. This means that when you sign in to the app with the same details they used for you, you'll be able to see your car and use the app. You'll also be able to add a credit card to your account, via the Tesla website, and be able to use this for supercharging.

The lease company must use your exact email address, spelled correctly, etc. to share the car with you.

Luke