Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer car reliability poll (2015-2016)

Which items below have affected your 2015 or 2016 Model S?

• No faults worth a service visit since delivery

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • Drive motor failure (70D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drive motor failure (85D or 90D models)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Drive motor failure (P85D or P90D models)

• Drive motor failure (Rear wheel drive Model S)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Battery Pack issue or replacement

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Noticeable squeaks or rattles worth service visit

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • Body mechanical issues such as door handle replacement

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • 17" Touchscreen or infotainment problem

• Suspension Issue

• Coolant system issue

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rust or corrosion

• Exterior lighting issue

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Interior leather or interior panel issue

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • An issue not listed requiring a service visit

Votes: 49 28.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issue is not on the list. I have a faulty left front (under the head light) sensor. It's a random issue. Had hoped software updates would resolve it. Tesla looked into it with no luck....
Since you say it's random and intermittent, it's neither software nor electronics at fault. I am 90% confident it's the wiring between the sensor and whatever module takes care of the sensor. Maybe a spot of corrosion in a connector somewhere. There is a possibility something is loose inside the sensor, I suppose, but the first thing I'd do if I worked at Tesla Service is replace the wire and inspect any connectors. (It would be fun to take a look but I don't exactly live next door.) :p

July 2015 delivery, 20K miles. We had condensation in a tail light, which was there on delivery (we didn't notice it until we were home) - wasn't a big deal and waited to have fixed the first time we took it in for annual service. At the same time we had the passenger door adjusted as the window was hitting the trim when we opened it.

No issues with rattles, batteries, etc. Yet.

Driver assistance is intermittent. When I first got the car, we spent an extra 3 hours at the pickup to get the camera replaced. Things have been great for 9 months, but now driver assistance goes on and off. Usually works in the morning, but not later in the day. But the other day, didn't work in the morning and worked for part of the drive home from work. I've got an appointment to have them look at it soon. Bad luck I guess since I don't see many complaints. Or perhaps they didn't fix the full problem on day one. Really miss it in stop and go traffic.

<My wife reminded me that the camera was NOT fixed that day. We had the 3 hour delay for other reasons. They let me take the car home and then did a home pick up and return at a later day, so it was like a full day repair. New camera now. Been working great for a couple of days now.