Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Roadster concept rendering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about this...

38fb4e54158737.59501b0657502.jpg

Better, looks as if you squished it a bit, or maybe just the angle? I'm expecting/hoping for a more radical design, closer to the one in post #42.
To me, that design is not classy or timeless... it looks like a Lamborghini design.

Also, in that picture the doors are off. They don't line up correctly to actually open like that. I don't think there is enough room for a falcon wing in such a small car, and gullwings are terrible.

I just stuck the Model 3 nose onto an old Tesla Roadster in #46... I just think they will design something that makes you say "Yep, that's definitely a Tesla, but wow, does that one look amazing!"

Also, in that picture the doors are off. They don't line up correctly to actually open like that. I don't think there is enough room for a falcon wing in such a small car, and gullwings are terrible.

Yes I didn't think the doors were realistic opening that way, I'd expect conventional doors.
Frankly I never loved the original Roadster design. It was OK for the limitations placed on it by the Lotus platform but it really should have been a sleeker design, and I'd expect Tesla will try for that this time. Roadster aerodynamics were pretty bad.

Here is some advice to Elon and company.

You want to get into the exotic sports car business again?

Do what the Italians do. Hire a proven auto design firm like design firm and coachbuilder in Cambiano, Italy - Pininfarino.

This Italian studio Pininfarina designed the twentieth century's greatest Ferraris and through their work with the Prancing Horse -- plus the likes of Fiat, Lancia, and Alfa Romeo -- helped define the emotive Italian style of the mid-century sports car.

In my humble opinion, there has been no one, or no design firm in the USA with this degree of passion, skills, and innate sense of style for decades. Leave it to the Italians, brimming with passion and design talent, to design the exterior.

Since its founding by Battista "Pinin" Farina in 1930, this legendary auto design firm is responsible for almost 1000 automobiles sculpted by Pininfarina to bring us its 10 most striking creations.

The Tesla Roadster re-creation deserves this level of design talent, to preserve the reputation and legacy of Tesla Motors as a disruptive force in the auto industry.

First post at TMC, though I am a regular lurker here and a member on the Tesla forums and also a Tesla investor. Excited about ordering my first Tesla next spring! I was wondering if any of the Photoshop masters would put the new style Model X nose cone on this roadster concept. I think with the new nose cone this Next Gen Roadster design would be extremely slick. Anyone interested? I tried... and hilariously failed. Managing a network is my skill, not Photoshop lol.

View attachment 104551

- Justified
Such a stylist look!!!!1

Photoshoppers work on this one????
View attachment 174151
My heart goes on this!!!! such a lovely look, awesome.