Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Incentive to Buy before end of Q2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know, but I love my MR car so much I picked up 2 months ago I plan to go chat with a sales rep in a couple of weeks to see if there are any sweet deals on a performance model for Q2. If there is a sweet deal, my MR car will become my wife's, and we'll sell her car. I've had 50+ cars and motorcycles in my life, and the Model 3 is already in the top 3 favs easily.

To be fair, EAP does a lot more than AP does. I'm not alone in thinking that $3,000 for Autosteer and TACC is too much. I'd maybe bite if it included the automatic lane change, but to get that my total is $9,000 now.

Previously it would have cost you $5k to get autosteer + TACC + lane change. So would you have paid that?

If not, you aren't really Tesla's target market for these features and their price changes anyway. The $5k EAP + $3k FSD -> $3k AP + $5k FSD change was meant to upcharge people who wanted lane changing + summon + future tech and still try to keep some money from people who don't care about those things. They would make less money overall trying to sell to customers like you, so unfortunately that isn't really going to happen.

There might be some sort of discount sale eventually once the tech actually works but it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't, or if it's model S/X only.

Previously it would have cost you $5k to get autosteer + TACC + lane change. So would you have paid that?

If not, you aren't really Tesla's target market for these features and their price changes anyway. The $5k EAP + $3k FSD -> $3k AP + $5k FSD change was meant to upcharge people who wanted lane changing + summon + future tech and still try to keep some money from people who don't care about those things. They would make less money overall trying to sell to customers like you, so unfortunately that isn't really going to happen.

There might be some sort of discount sale eventually once the tech actually works but it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't, or if it's model S/X only.

Yes, $5,000 for the full feature-set seems reasonable.

My options right now are $3,000 for only TACC and autosteer, or $9,000 for everything previously in the $5,000 option. I don't discount the future value of FSD, especially since it comes with the chip upgrade, but in terms of present features I would need to pay $4,000 more than the cost of EAP to unlock lane-change and summon.

What were the other 2?:D

(Used to ride a Honda Fireblade)

Love the CBR900RR! Used to demo one at work when I was in high school and that was the baddest bike around. It was one of the first motorcycles that legitimately scared me actually :D

It's really tough to decide what my other favorites are, but I have to say I'm lucky enough to currently own one of my other 3 favorites right now. It's a 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser that's fully built up (avatar actually) with lift, tires, sliders, skids, bumpers, winch, snorkel, drawers, electrical upgrades, refrigerator, and more. The Land Cruiser is built to last indefinitely with heavy abuse and is like nothing else sold new today, and it's taken us on some amazing trips. I would say the next one in the top 3 would be a Porsche Macan S I had for a while, but it's hard to call since it's like picking a favorite child :D

uQ8Uk05ujG3YkkaKGbIOyimRjGGOF-zTyyTrXP3f5gcxGsjJjKE_CI6m757vWcHBYg8UxjR1aov6QVGnVdhImT_35L9FNxyGHAMCkhSPBPvmGgAzy0EVUrbEGmPzMCDLY3eFWZDZnXcKHT-0C3slOoa9ruxOlXAE_E7qQV_-OKu8e31JIFe3KEu7ItkqfpNcihs-7LUQysWw9xFMDTd9iS84Lhg4gFLw3fQqXlHCKLh3eb7aAoTWd963funKZVlDd-GTFctYCTDbYWJHQIRZlyNcovHJRx20SHAd9HhdP3qn3UD5oAbl9GCQ_7Yu7tNftGK4h-2e2eGu2bV7X1k340cqNSY_rMR2Zu7iDDc44ToCriLjgVZBOhg-RUtHgH7_8WfQGW5s0HlN67sL5JhBW2bJWCKx1XMDje3cN86CqqsD75bPt2u-dG8Z8T9Gw0lXnGYDMFEhhAwoS9Blf3L5iXwTBuG-KkxOyuom5mLD0VQwjYqdEMUFMCOHJHZ2imysCxN7lUxR-imbTHDRY9kZatg6fiDFkStlwPpyNkG7AGbg02RliVEx5zEk3yEdvq434RP6e1MF-W26y8xwA_OyvE5n0OwA30Jg-nqEMsf4R6cLBOnJNpK4tux3IaNt9Zp7tgvWhIN14PYyZNmxxt5czI6UOpRsZR7UHAwGgcGT6nRwuMKIjmwXWP3l8b3jaq8cTMLNampiUaakyvyeg6jeZncogw=w1454-h969-no

Reactions: eustachio
plan to go chat with a sales rep in a couple of weeks to see if there are any sweet deals on a performance model for Q2

I test drove a performance model 3 a few weeks ago and my good lord is that something to behold. I gunned it on the on ramp and it even scared the **** out of me lol. That thing has so much power it’s insane. If I got a deal on it I’d consider pulling the trigger. Did you ever chat with a sales rep?
Sweet land cruiser, btw...