Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla isn't changing the MSRP of the Y, they're just changing the inventory discount.

When Highland 3 came out there was no inventory so people that really wanted it asap, had to pay the full MSRP by placing an order.
What we are saying is eliminating inventory discounts doesn’t make sense at all. If you have a ton of cars sitting you have to discount them. It’s kind of like dodge power dollars where they are taking 10-12k off 51k to 52k cars. Tesla stock keeps dropping because wall st is probably confused about why you would end an inventory discount you need to sell the cars. Sales are already down 8% compared to a year ago quarter

(1) Tesla had one of the worse quarter in % sales decrease from last year and previous quarter

(2) MY is old and due for a refresh within months

(3) High interest rates, low demand

Sales Team: What should we do next?
Elon: Let's raise prices and remove discounts😀

Tesla will be forced to do something drastic like.

Buy Model Y get free FSD

Honestly, free FSD wouldn't even make me look twice, not at the current price. I will need the discount back. The wife is willing to wait until quarter end to see what happens , but after that a different OEM will owe Elon a thank you card as we will go elsewhere.

What we are saying is eliminating inventory discounts doesn’t make sense at all. If you have a ton of cars sitting you have to discount them. It’s kind of like dodge power dollars where they are taking 10-12k off 51k to 52k cars. Tesla stock keeps dropping because wall st is probably confused about why you would end an inventory discount you need to sell the cars. Sales are already down 8% compared to a year ago quarter

This.

We went for a test drive that had been scheduled before the discounts went away and intended to buy on Wednesday if the wife liked the drive. She loved it! But, not for an extra $5k.

Reactions: tesluv108
I mean, getting free FSD is roughly equivalent in actual value to them throwing in two gas station hot dogs and a half-smoked pack of Virginia Slims.
It’s tried to kill me multiple times. This isn’t a joke either. It changed lanes and didn’t seem to recognize a car slowing them stopping in front of me. I had to stand on the brakes to avoid hitting the person in front of me. To say it isn’t ready for prime time is the understatement of the year. I actually need to send the dash cam to someone at Tesla and ask wtf they are doing.

Reactions: Skavatar
I really don’t like that I have to turn off FSD to look at my phone. My wife was laughing when I turned it off yesterday and then replied to the prompt for a voice note on why I’d deactivated FSD and my reply was “I had to deactivate FSD so I could text and drive”. I was actually looking down for Waze since Elon doesn’t support Apple CarPlay.

I really don’t like that I have to turn off FSD to look at my phone. My wife was laughing when I turned it off yesterday and then replied to the prompt for a voice note on why I’d deactivated FSD and my reply was “I had to deactivate FSD so I could text and drive”. I was actually looking down for Waze since Elon doesn’t support Apple CarPlay.
I put one of those hannshow screens behind the wheel. They sent me an ancient version when I told them I had the AMD processor they sent me the intel harness (of course). A lot of arguing back and forth and the unit they sent works (sometimes). On longer trips like last week I make sure I fight with it for a few minutes to ensure my phone connects to the screen and has Apple car play. Then I load Waze which I really like to have behind the wheel as a second screen , speedometer, gps and all the other helpful warnings you get from Waze.

Reactions: BroncoAZ
You are not the only one. No way they can move cars at these prices..

I would recommend waiting.. they can't stomach this long. Stock is headed south too.

Agree with your recommendation! 😁

I'm not an early adopter. If I was I would already own a Tesla. But, I am usually in the second wave where the cool technology is still relatively new, but a better value than it was. That was ruined this week....

TSLA is at support on price amd where I usually like to buy a stock as you can cut easily if support breaks. But.... I'm not buying TSLA here for a lot of reasons mentioned in this thread. Sales down so they increase price? The next growth wave just around the corner with a robo-taxi that will self drive with no option for human intervention when FSD doesn't yet work? I think at some point this summer you will probably be able to buy TSLA at $125 and possibly down to $100. With earning still to come next week the damage has likely already been done....

It is sad... I'm really a big Elon fan, but man is he making some questionable decisions here lately.

Reactions: acpd
Ok this is a start but they 100% need to bring back the inventory discounts now. Looks like the y got a 2,000 price cut overnight. I’m waiting for a loyalty program where I can get free paint again perhaps
IMG_5205.jpeg

Reactions: vickh and Royal27
Which cars did you look at and how do they compare price wise? I don’t like the look of Hyundai/Kia but they seem comparable.
Mainly the Hyundai Ioniq 5, Mustang Mach E, and VW ID4 were the direct competitors I might’ve been interested in. Ford doesn’t seem to be able to give the Mustangs away and they cost more than Y. Hyundai is offering $7500 rebates since they lost the tax credit. If the Hyundai Ioniq 5 got both the fenderal credit and the $7500 discount from Hyundai it would’ve been super cheap, probably $32K out the door with my state rebates, but it worked out to about the same price as the Y as things were a month ago. I went on Autotrader and searched for anything new and electric within 250 miles, Then I did a couple minutes of research on each model available from Cadillac to Volvo. The Chevy offerings are way too expensive, but the new Blazer EV looks like a nice rig. The Hyundai Ioniq 6 is pretty terrible to look at, it’s ass looks like an inverted double chin. The Genesis are too expensive for me. At the end of the day a MYLR in white with hitch for $38,500 out the door ($7500 federal, $3500 state, $1000 Cybertruck reservation, 10% inventory discount, plus 5K supercharging and 4 months FSD trial) was the best value for me at the time.

Ok this is a start but they 100% need to bring back the inventory discounts now. Looks like the y got a 2,000 price cut overnight. I’m waiting for a loyalty program where I can get free paint again perhaps
View attachment 1040166

That is a start!

But you're right, more is needed and I am sure not going to buy now when they panicked after what, four days?

And speaking of complex and inefficient.... That's what I'd call three different prices points and pricing strategies within a week!

Screenshot_20240420-091835_X.jpg