Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Dommmm

Hi all,
As usual this place is always a welcome read and a great well for info. So thanks all.
After what is coming up to a year of having my refresh model 3 Sr+ I have absolutely loved the car and the overall driving experience as so many others do too. I’ve decided as we enjoyed the car and the experience of collecting the car so much and with the resale now over what I paid for the car I figure I’d trade and get a new one.
I am stoked to see some new refreshes and in all honesty it’s made the decision of which one to get not too straightforward. I had contemplated getting the LR, mainly for the bigger battery especially now the larger rated pack has arrived on these shores. But I can’t help but think the ease of charging to 100% would be handy with the now ‘standard one’. And from doing a little reading perhaps am I right in thinking the battery degradation is less with these?
Anyhow I would be very grateful for any opinions on which one to go for, and also any info on other updates or new chips I’ve read little bits about?

Anyhow as I well know any one of these will be fantastic.

Thanks ahead of time :)

All these little bits are starting to add up in my head, For example the AMD cpu is supposed to take of approx 15 miles, then if you want to take off aero wheel caps thats another 5% add a cold winter also the acceleration time of 5.8in im not feeling it.

Get a LR keep the caps on be happy :)

WLTP (est) on the RWD is 317 with aero wheels - 305 on the 19s. Assume that factors in AMD. Or we’ll juts get intel for a bit longer and the LRs will get it first

That range is enough for me to not justify the £7k for LR (£100 pm for finance). I’ve managed fine with the SR+ range with charging on longer trips not being an issue

The 10%-ish range increase is the main reason to refresh along with heated bits as standard

Reactions: Dommmm and Kurokawa
There must be more to the power increase with the Ryzen processor. It's not simply the processor itself taking up those miles.

Maybe cooling requirements are quite different. Given the cooling system isn't just cooling the actual processor (even if that is all that needs extra cooling) and consumes energy in itself, the fact it then needs to be running more probably consumes those miles. Maybe the Atom processor can run quite happily with no or little cooling in some situations, whereas the Ryzen always needs active additional cooling.

Reactions: Stumbleine
WLTP (est) on the RWD is 317 with aero wheels - 305 on the 19s. Assume that factors in AMD. Or we’ll juts get intel for a bit longer and the LRs will get it first

That range is enough for me to not justify the £7k for LR (£100 pm for finance). I’ve managed fine with the SR+ range with charging on longer trips not being an issue

The 10%-ish range increase is the main reason to refresh along with heated bits as standard
well, AWD and better performance

@Dommmm It's true that with the improvements to the SR+ battery, the difference in range of an SR+ charged to 100% and an LR charged to 90% is not that great. One thing to bear in mind though is that the LR has a faster supercharging rate than SR+. It's one of the things that swayed me.