Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Step - Drafting Contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same thing! With no date set. My SA told me to complete everything with possible dec 1 delivery.
upload_2020-10-27_21-31-54.png

I stopped into 2 different SCs and asked about my order. Both places happy to help. My car was built 8/25 and delivered to the Tampa SC 9/13. That's the typical time frame for the SE. Delivery in the middle of the last month of the quarter. Cars are built in CA then get on a train to Birmingham, AL then trucked to the SCs. Don't be afraid to ask. Especially drop in during a weekday, when they aren't terribly busy.

I stopped into 2 different SCs and asked about my order. Both places happy to help. My car was built 8/25 and delivered to the Tampa SC 9/13. That's the typical time frame for the SE. Delivery in the middle of the last month of the quarter. Cars are built in CA then get on a train to Birmingham, AL then trucked to the SCs. Don't be afraid to ask. Especially drop in during a weekday, when they aren't terribly busy.
Ugh I was hoping that I would get delivery middle of this month.

• Funny
Reactions: pjensen
Didn't know that Tesla shipped by rail in the US, where did you find that out? As a railroad employee and enthusiast I find that very, very cool and reassuring that big companies will still ship by rail.

I think many cars are shipped by rail in the US. It's much more efficient than trucking them and putting them on a boat to go from one coast to the other means a trip all the way through the Panama Canal. "Rail dust" is a common issue that detailers correct on new cars: What is rail dust?
You’re absolutely correct, intermodal and autos are a lot of what keep our industry afloat these days. There’s one railroad out my way that’s sole operation is spotting auto racks to be loaded and unloaded. I guess I just assumed because I never saw Teslas on any of our waybills that they just didn’t use rail to ship.

There are 3 major auto facilities in New England. Tesla should look into them.

• Informative
Reactions: freeAgent
Didn't know that Tesla shipped by rail in the US, where did you find that out? As a railroad employee and enthusiast I find that very, very cool and reassuring that big companies will still ship by rail.

When I talked to a sales guy at an SC, he brought up the web page for my vehicle after it was 'born'. It gave the logistics and projected dates of arrival. It was cool to see.