Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice to have...wish list...Tesla design please read thx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck Interior

1. Map pockets or storage in door panels.
2. Fold down tables, airline style In rear of front seats.
3.LED interior lighting, color changeable.
4. Glove box.

Exterior
1. Software controlled wiring under front bumper for additional lighting and winch.
2. Hinged or folding rear window to open up access.

just some thoughts please add yours....
The items I put down come standard in a lot of trucks, nothing exotic

Radio and phone controls on steering wheel . Vinyl floor covering Separate a/c heat controls for rear seat passengers. 6 cup holders Map lights above windshield Fold up bottom rear seat so you can lay items flat that you don;t want to put in the bed. Steps molded into the sides of rear bumper. A step on front bumper to make loading and unloading from the Frunk easier. Optional sun roof instead of glass roof I wonder how heavy that ramp will be to move Tailgates get banged up How much will that cost to replace when it gets tweaked and you can't pull the ramp out or worse can't push it back in. Easily removable tailgate.

sound deadening insulation in the cabin and doors. since the other Tesla models don't have ti perhaps the cyber truck will. and please no big glass window that further allows outside traffic noise to get in.

Ideally the new S/X sound system with active noise cancellation makes it to the CT. This should help with road noise. I hope several of these new features from the refreshed S/X make it to CT but given the more spartan approach of the CT I doubt they will bring backseat screen and items like that. Small things like wireless charging front and back seem like low hanging fruit they should port over.

Reactions: swengl and kayak1
  1. Interior storage. Everywhere it can be created. Give me more than an F150.
  2. More LED’s in the ceiling for lighting than you’d think you’d need. My F-150’s cabin on a moon-less night is _dark_ even with the interior light on. Put more around the inside so we can find things when we’re trying to load the truck up at 3am in the cold.
  3. Software controlled wiring under front and rear (additional lighting, winch, etc).
  4. Easy step access for frunk & bed. I love the integrated tailgate step/handle system on my F150. Also, I want the steps on the side of the truck for the bed.
  5. Optional Bed lining done via original order for arrival.
  6. LED’s and tie-down brackets all over the rear bed. Show me how I can see every part of the bed clearly at night, even with my ATV loaded into the bed (and not the Tesla ATV, a full sized Honda etc).
  7. What ingenious stopper-system have they come up with so my ATV can be loaded and won't break that rear window ;)
  8. Where is the spare tire going to mount.
I’ll second the pleas for, minimally, working with outside companies to offer stuff like rubber floor components ahead of time. If Tesla isn’t going to offer rubber as an option (that’s fine, I understand why) then please at least get things setup so I can order it from someone else to have when my CT order arrives.

I really want to see videos of this thing going on dirt roads, across creeks, across muddy trails, on tight dirt road/trails where scrub has grown up and you've got to go through it anyway - how's the exterior going to hold up?, pulling out an ATV logged in a field from a mudhole, bed loaded with compost and the rear drops to clear the bed easier, how it tows things (and how one attaches, detaches, and see's on the road), loaded up with 2 weeks of groceries and how they won't slide around (frunk'd already be filled), etc.

What I wish every car would have, but would be easier to implement on a Tesla with controls on screen would be the ability to add auxiliary controls with customizable "buttons" on screen. Maybe an electrical panel where you could connect devices and then define a new screen control for them. For example, maybe a lightbar and control from an on screen button, or winch, or a moving Knight Rider red LED across the front that you could control from your screen instead of adding in some crude switch.

Tesla could also add controls to turn on and off the plug outlets in the rear too.

Implement the monitor into the dash...

The one thing that really bothers me (Everything else I love about this truck) is that the screen is mounted rather than flush with the dash. I hope that's been redesigned where at least the bottom half of the screen is flush with the dash angling towards the front seats to implement the screen. Otherwise the screen which is obviously a key component to the vehicle l- looks like an afterthought. I would also appreciate a driver instrument panel like he has in some models.

Also would like to see other interior color options.

Cold weather package including:
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated seats ( front + rear )
- Heated windshield spray nozzles
- Heating element where windshield wipers are resting
- Headlights high pressure washing
- Rearview camera protected placement so you would not need to wipe it after single trip

Reactions: Radpeds1
This thread reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it at first.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
Cybertruck Interior

1. Map pockets or storage in door panels.
2. Fold down tables, airline style In rear of front seats.
4. Glove box.

Exterior
1. Software controlled wiring under front bumper for additional lighting and winch.

just some thoughts please add yours....
The items I put down come standard in a lot of trucks, nothing exotic

Cybertruck Interior

1. Trailer Cameras
2. Heated and cooled seats
4. Glove box.

Exterior
3. Gooseneck Trailer capability
4. Extended sensors to account for hauling
5. Generator functionality for up to 50 amp short term connections

Head’s Up Display too much to ask? Or at least make it optional so it can be turned off if someone doesn’t want to utilize it.
Or at least a small display in front of the driver with basic details, such as speed, etc. My dad's Mach-E has this in addition to the big center screen and I love it - and it's what we've been conditioned to glance at for almost a century.

Reactions: El joe