Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice warning when you leave charging port door open and drive off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, after having the charge door open warning for 12 consecutive days, even though the charge door was closed, the car is now recognizing the charge door is closed. It happened on Sunday without any fanfare and now I can see my headsup display for navigation again. Very strange indeed but I will still take the car into the service appt (the earliest they had was late April!!).

Further update on my charge-port-open indicator; Tesla replaced the charge port, but dash board (and center console) still indicate the port door is open. Additionally, new behavior is that the indicator ring around the port opening glows constant green - even when nothing is plugged into the port! Obviously, this is still an open ticket with Tesla; but the car runs and charges fine. I'll patiently wait for a solution, but in the meantime I'm still smiling.

Just to provide a final update - yesterday Aaron (from the Tampa service center) came out and replaced the charger (large unit under rear seat). All indicators related to my charge port now appear to be functioning properly. The technicians and engineers at Tesla continue to provide courteous and reliable support!