TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nightly Energy Saving (Sleep) Mode Broken

Discussion in 'Model S' started by viet658, Feb 3, 2015.

1. viet658

viet658 Member

pict.jpg After upgrading to v6.1(2.2.115) I lost the nightly energy saving mode. Just wondering if anyone else lost that feature after updating as well.

2. daveelt

daveelt New Member

If you click on the little i icon (information) you will see that off is basically the old nightly.

3. viet658

viet658 Member

Got it. Thanks for that.

4. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

and yes still very confusingly worded.

My theory...they made nightly sleep mandatory because always-on was killing the 12V batteries faster.

5. scottm

scottm Active Member

Sleeping nightly is a good idea. Even for cars.

Maybe they also made the default as sleep nightly, to prevent things like Slacker waking up and playing music to itself (silently) during the night, using up bandwidth for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's also nice to see Tesla actively working on keeping the clutter down on the UI.

Like when air suspension used to prompt to "save height at this location"... now it doesn't prompt, it just saves the location by default. One less button, one less user interaction.

Don't want that height at that location in the future? Then just pick a new height at that location. Memory of old height is gone.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'm late on this, but when I went out to my car this afternoon the dash screen had to boot up. Thinking that the service center turned energy saving on when they had it, I went to go remove it and found my nightly setting was missing. I 100% agree that it's confusing language.

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Twas covered in several places about a month ago. Here was one explanation I posted in the FW 6.1 thread.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yeah, I know I'm late (I said that Nigel! lol), but I try not to trudge through those firmware threads. Signal to noise ratio isn't appealing.