Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nightmare Experience! Only 500 miles driven...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the idea is catch those early “infant mortality“ failures through burn-in test and not send them to the field. It’s not free, of course, baking or burning in production parts will incur cost. The rest will eventually fail at the end of life but that’s expected.
Do you assume that Tesla products do NOT go thru burn-in tests? Do you have info that might confirm that?

OP was lucky that he was in the Phoenix, Az area. Not sure if I should advertise this, too many moving here already. Here goes, we have THREE Tesla Service Centers in the Phoenix area, TWO showrooms, and ONE bodyshop. If you are going to have trouble with you Tesla, this has to be one of the better places to be.
I have only gone to the Service Center on Raintree, but I can say that they have been very good. Just a couple of small things and FSD Firesale update.
This is also a good place to own a Tesla. I pay $.07/kwh to charge at night at home. Places you go are often far apart. Fifty miles to the store you want one way, is not uncommon. Freeways are usually fairly fast with the exception of a few pinch points. The warmer drier climate seems to help with efficiency. I have a 2018 M3 AWD and am at Lifetime Average of 221 WH/mi. Car insurance tends to be higher, cell phone crashes according to my agent, so I am giving Tesla Insurance a try. Arizona qualifies for this insurance.

OP was lucky that he was in the Phoenix, Az area. Not sure if I should advertise this, too many moving here already. Here goes, we have THREE Tesla Service Centers in the Phoenix area, TWO showrooms, and ONE bodyshop. If you are going to have trouble with you Tesla, this has to be one of the better places to be.
I have only gone to the Service Center on Raintree, but I can say that they have been very good. Just a couple of small things and FSD Firesale update.
This is also a good place to own a Tesla. I pay $.07/kwh to charge at night at home. Places you go are often far apart. Fifty miles to the store you want one way, is not uncommon. Freeways are usually fairly fast with the exception of a few pinch points. The warmer drier climate seems to help with efficiency. I have a 2018 M3 AWD and am at Lifetime Average of 221 WH/mi. Car insurance tends to be higher, cell phone crashes according to my agent, so I am giving Tesla Insurance a try. Arizona qualifies for this insurance.

Just visited Phoenix from LA. Went on a day trip to Sedona as well. Stayed at the Fairmont Princess, had a lovely time with my extended family.

We’re both definitely spoiled to have access to so many Tesla centers. I have 3-4 also in a 25 mile radius.

No worries on my part. I can't live more than an hour from the ocean..... Preferably the Atlantic.....

Reactions: DC_Mike