Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan Leaf as a battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Enphase bidirectional charger has the same issue as the dcBel and Wallbox in that they need the EV's to support DC bidirectional charging. At this point Nissan Leaf is the only manistream EV that supports DC bidirectional charging via CHADEMO connector. The standard for CCS connector based DC bidirectional charging is not expected to finalize until 2025. I double exisitng Tesla EV's will be supported ever.

So far not seeing anything that will integrate into my Tesla/laredge solution or am I missing something?
Sure, rip off your whole existing system and go enphase? Lol

I just thought I'd continue this conversation with additional options. There were a couple of new companies at Intersolar 2023 talking more about V2X. SolArk was the other, and they had some cool stuff to show off at the booth.

Reactions: h2ofun
I'd settle for the Enphase supported generator input to the whole house. That might be worth the price of admission.

I noticed that they basically have a bus bar that IQ8s plug into to get up to the required capacity. It might mean that a microinverter failure would take out only 6-10% of the system capacity...

@Vines, thanks for sharing the information!

All the best,

BG

Reactions: Vines
I'd settle for the Enphase supported generator input to the whole house. That might be worth the price of admission.

I noticed that they basically have a bus bar that IQ8s plug into to get up to the required capacity. It might mean that a microinverter failure would take out only 6-10% of the system capacity...

@Vines, thanks for sharing the information!

All the best,

BG
That is right, they appear to have a modular design and hopefully less of an issue when failure comes knocking.

I agree that generator integration would make this a proper self-sufficient solution.

Reactions: BGbreeder