Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still get a chuckle whenever the dealership sends me a coupon for a free oil change.
one of the huge issues nissan faces is that the dealers are not supporting the car, many dealerships do not even have them in stock to show and sell and the ones that do don't have well trained sales staff to help the customers in their purchase.

But Tesla should use franchised dealers to sell their cars. Yeah, that's a good idea..

But Tesla should use franchised dealers to sell their cars. Yeah, that's a good idea..
I was comparing the dealership model to the Tesla sales team I met during a test drive event at National Plugin Day last year, and it is hard to explain how refreshing it was, they knew just as much about the Model S and electric vehicles as I do. Most sales people at Chevy dealerships and Nissan dealerships I have talked to ether don't know the facts or just make up facts. Good example is at one Chevy dealership I asked how much the battery weighed he said "about 900LB" I quickly told him this was ridiculous unless your using lead acid battery's lol.

nissan dealers sell dozens of different vehicles, at the moment tesla stores sell only one flavor, you can be sure that when the day arrives that Tesla as more than a few models in their galleries their "consultants" will push the preferred model
YMMV
What would be the "preferred model", and what incentive would non commissioned sales people have to sell it?

So.. I went to my Nissan dealership today, asked a sales rep if they had a Leaf his response was a quick "no, but I could order you one" :frown:then I asked if they were thinking about installing a CHAdeMO and his response was "what is that?:confused:" I went on to explain to him what it was, he had it confused with a level two charger. After a half an hour of talking I just asked for a job application I figured hey I already know more about cars (or at least electric cars) then they do and I'm still in college and only 19.

I wanted to sell cars as a side job in College, but ended up being a bike mechanic (as they were more understanding of me not owning a car, and commuting long distances via bicycle).

Just know not all Nissan Dealerships are hostile/indifferent to the LEAF. The Nissan dealer in Marietta has the chargers out in the front row, closest to the street. And always has 6-10 LEAFs in prime position. And there are always people scrambling over/in the cars when I drive by.

I haven't actually been there to look at a LEAF. I went to a Nissan Corporate LEAF event to drive/test when they were basically filling their order backlog.

I wanted to sell cars as a side job in College, but ended up being a bike mechanic (as they were more understanding of me not owning a car, and commuting long distances via bicycle).

Just know not all Nissan Dealerships are hostile/indifferent to the LEAF. The Nissan dealer in Marietta has the chargers out in the front row, closest to the street. And always has 6-10 LEAFs in prime position. And there are always people scrambling over/in the cars when I drive by.

I haven't actually been there to look at a LEAF. I went to a Nissan Corporate LEAF event to drive/test when they were basically filling their order backlog.
FWIW: the atlanta area after CA is one place where the LEAF sells very well. here in FLA the LEAFS are hard to come by, I "imported" mine from a dealer up near Atlanta

- - - Updated - - -

What would be the "preferred model", and what incentive would non commissioned sales people have to sell it?
my crystal ball is on the fritz today

FWIW: the atlanta area after CA is one place where the LEAF sells very well. here in FLA the LEAFS are hard to come by, I "imported" mine from a dealer up near Atlanta
A $5,000 state tax credit making the lease very, very inexpensive (almost free after factoring in fuel costs!) has a lot to do with it.

It will be interesting to see what sales in California do over the next few months now that the $2500 state rebate has been suspended until at least September.

I suspect that many manufacturers will add incentives to the price to keep sales up.

1.jpg

Image Source: Nissan

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wonder what this design could do for the second generation Leaf. Either as this sedan (?) version, or as a reworked hatchback. Obviously it can be improved somewhat to reduce the aerodynamic drag coefficient, especially in the front. And if I were head of Nissan design I would go with a more traditional C-pillar for better rear visibility. Either in the cars color (as in blue in this case), or completely blacked out. And maybe one size larger wheels.

Through: Chinese-designed Nissan Lannia Concept debuts in Beijing - Autoblog

Is anyone else having trouble with http://www.mynissanleaf.com/

I have been getting this error message for 2 days now.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
It was down much of Monday afternoon and all of Sunday, if not longer. :(

And, yep, it wasn't just you. I think it affected all visitors/users. Multiple folks at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlenissanleaf/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayLeafs/ were hitting it.

View attachment 47595

View attachment 47597

View attachment 47598

Wonder what this design could do for the second generation Leaf. Either as this sedan (?) version, or as a reworked hatchback. Obviously it can be improved somewhat to reduce the aerodynamic drag coefficient, especially in the front. And if I were head of Nissan design I would go with a more traditional C-pillar for better rear visibility. Either in the cars color (as in blue in this case), or completely blacked out. And maybe one size larger wheels.

Through: Chinese-designed Nissan Lannia Concept debuts in Beijing - Autoblog

Gee, where have I seen door handles like that before...