Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan to use NACS for 2024 ARIYA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2023-07-19 3.53.15 PM.png

No doubt NACS will soon be 'the' plug here in North America. I wonder how well it will do outside the US, does its adoption here mean it will spread? I guess I'll never need it anywhere else so who cares :) ? Still, for car manufacturers it would be easier if NACS goes world wide.
PLEASE tell me part of the standard includes WHERE the port is on the car! That would make life so much better at superchargers.

I saw my first Ariya in person this weekend. I was driving around checking out charging sites listed on PlugShare. A Nissan dealer was one of them. I had hoped to try out the J1772-to-NACS adapter that Tesla provides, but the dealer had left a new Ariya plugged in and I didn't want to unplug it. I ended up charging at a Kia dealer a few miles down the road who had J1772 and CCS1 charging stations open to the pubic.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
No doubt NACS will soon be 'the' plug here in North America. I wonder how well it will do outside the US, does its adoption here mean it will spread? I guess I'll never need it anywhere else so who cares :) ? Still, for car manufacturers it would be easier if NACS goes world wide.
PLEASE tell me part of the standard includes WHERE the port is on the car! That would make life so much better at superchargers.
NACS can't be used where 3-phase electricity is the standard without giving up 2/3 of your charging capabilities on the AC side.

BMW, VW, Hyundai and KIA need to join or be left in the e-dust.

It won’t be adopted outside of North America except maybe a small handful of other countries where Tesla already uses it (eg Korea).

EU already mandates the use of CCS2, which Tesla already has to use there. Plus the Tesla connector is not compatible with 3 phase residential power as already mentioned.

It won’t be adopted outside of North America except maybe a small handful of other countries where Tesla already uses it (eg Korea).

EU already mandates the use of CCS2, which Tesla already has to use there. Plus the Tesla connector is not compatible with 3 phase residential power as already mentioned.
Maybe Central and South America? So NACS can become ACS?

Reactions: APotatoGod