Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ 5k incentive for EV under 50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you configure the dual motor and get options that bring it over 55k, it still shows the 5k incentive. If you choose the performance , it does not. I’m hoping that means that the base config is the msrp, and wheels/paint etc can be configured above the threshold. This could very well just be a bug, but of msrp is before certain configs, that would be pretty cool

upload_2020-2-15_16-48-38.jpeg

Attachments

• AA957A4B-3FDC-407A-B25E-580ECADCAB94.jpeg
    AA957A4B-3FDC-407A-B25E-580ECADCAB94.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 64
Apparently.... we get the 5k rebate immediately off the MSRP base price... and then the “add-ons” are added to that AFTER the rebate is applied.

I plan on just ordering the car at $54,990 ..then weeks/months later add fsd for 7k. I hope I get my car before June which is when the program dealer rebate goes into effect. Most likely people like me (getting the car before June) will have to send in documents to the state for rebate. I don’t want to be disqualified because of fsd.

I didn’t hear it... I saw it in the configurator. I posted a few images in this thread.
I am seeing the same, however when I called Tesla a week ago they stated something different then their online calculator. I’ll try and call again and see what they say about the incentive. I’d love if they are in fact claiming it’s based only on MSRP of the model, not the add ons.

Tesla pointed me towards a site and the site pointed me towards an email for answers to questions. I got us some good news folks... this is from the administrators of the rebate.

Looks like the base config is what matters, just as @rchivert assumed via the online calculator.

Attachments

• CCCF839D-700A-49BD-AC33-50A366522393.png
    CCCF839D-700A-49BD-AC33-50A366522393.png
    593.3 KB · Views: 62
Tesla pointed me towards a site and the site pointed me towards an email for answers to questions. I got us some good news folks... this is from the administrators of the rebate.

Looks like the base config is what matters, just as @rchivert assumed via the online calculator.
You are the best. This is awesome news. I have orders for both a 3 and a Y...pending ig I like the look of a Y before I make a decision. The rebate has been a concern in case I get the Y AWD but based on the email, I’ll be fine once it’s released.

You are the best. This is awesome news. I have orders for both a 3 and a Y...pending ig I like the look of a Y before I make a decision. The rebate has been a concern in case I get the Y AWD but based on the email, I’ll be fine once it’s released.
Update. The rebate administrator lady called me and let me know that add-ons do go toward the cost and change the rebate dynamic. Total config needs to be under 55k, not including doc fees and delivery :(

Yikes Mine is 54,990 without doc fees and delivery so I barely made it . I ordered a Red, AWD, Y.
Update. The rebate administrator lady called me and let me know that add-ons do go toward the cost and change the rebate dynamic. Total config needs to be under 55k, not including doc fees and delivery :([/QUOTE
Update. The rebate administrator lady called me and let me know that add-ons do go toward the cost and change the rebate dynamic. Total config needs to be under 55k, not including doc fees and delivery :(
do they apply 5k rebate immediately off purchase price?

do they apply 5k rebate immediately off purchase price?
My understanding from talking to a sales rep is that once the program is up and running (before July) Tesla will take $5k off eligible cars. Before that you can still get the rebate (effective for cars purchases/leased after Jan 17 2020) but you have to wait until the program is launched and then apply for the rebate yourself. (btw.. not sure how the program works with the leases so if anyone finds out please post on this forum)