Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

nleggatt's web apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very cool, nleggatt!

Curious to know how all these perform in that lamo web browser in the Model S.

Also, if you can stay consistent with the fonts/style - you have captions as all Caps in most places rather than just the first letter like in the Tesla native apps, you have it as "Super Charger" rather than "Supercharger" - it'd look even more integrated.

Thanks gg, I'm trying my best to stay consistent with the fonts. I'm currently using the same font where I can, but discovered that if I use the same font as the native interface, the browser chokes.

As for performance, it actually zooms along. I even have it so that if you minimize the browser it adjusts to show you your active panel, and I'm working on getting it to toggle to night automatically based on your primary location.

Lots of work to do to make it really really awesome, but it is an on-going project so advice, app ideas etc is always welcome. When I drive now, I keep it on the dash and I often forget it't not native.

Thanks gg, I'm trying my best to stay consistent with the fonts. I'm currently using the same font where I can, but discovered that if I use the same font as the native interface, the browser chokes.

As for performance, it actually zooms along. I even have it so that if you minimize the browser it adjusts to show you your active panel, and I'm working on getting it to toggle to night automatically based on your primary location.

Lots of work to do to make it really really awesome, but it is an on-going project so advice, app ideas etc is always welcome. When I drive now, I keep it on the dash and I often forget it't not native.

OK, nleggatt, Here's What I Want, since you want to make something useful.

I want a digital clock Widget. I want it to rest in the App Bar, like where the phone app is (which I only used once to bluetooth my phone) and display the time in something larger than 1/8th inch font. Preferably half inch. Then everyone in the car could see it without asking, "Can you see what time it is?" Since every other car in the world has the time displayed on the dash in actual visible large font, I really wish Tesla App developers would understand this is needed.

I would buy it.

Rob

I want a digital clock Widget. I want it to rest in the App Bar, like where the phone app is (which I only used once to bluetooth my phone) and display the time in something larger than 1/8th inch font. Preferably half inch. Then everyone in the car could see it without asking, "Can you see what time it is?" Since every other car in the world has the time displayed on the dash in actual visible large font, I really wish Tesla App developers would understand this is needed.

I would buy it.

Rob

Ok, we can't access that top app bar yet, BUT, I can add a clock display into the dash of my web App so it always displays in large font if you'd like, that way, if you keep my app open, you'll have the time displayed.

That will likely never be possible. First off TM would need to release an SDK, which is nowhere near on the horizon. It would also have to include an API for modifying the home screen which I think is very unlikely. Just think of how many apps Apple has approved that modify the home screen layout. I can't think of any.

Temperature too!

I would buy it.

Rob

Hey, Rob! What about the darn TEMPERATURE?? Nobody in the my car can see the outside temperature including me! Time and temp! LARGER!

eqyqyhum.jpg

nleggatt was nice enough to have me have a go at his web apps from the Tesla browser.

I really liked how native the whole thing looked. Granted the browser was a bit laggy as expected but, it was really cool to see all these apps. With some refinement on the styles/capitalization/bugs front, this could be really useful even without the aid of the GPS location.

e2y7a2yd.jpg