Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No AC - New Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my Model 3 two days ago and the AC isn’t working. Anyone else have any issues with your air conditioning? I have an appointment for Tesla to come pick up and truck the car to the nearest service center about 5 hours away on the 25th.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoowzer
Just picked up my Model 3 two days ago and the AC isn’t working. Anyone else have any issues with your air conditioning? I have an appointment for Tesla to come pick up and truck the car to the nearest service center about 5 hours away on the 25th.

Mine stop working right after my 1st stop to home. But after arriving home, I waited about 30 mins and remote start the A/C. It works again. It works since then. I made an appointment today to get the A/C checked.

Mine stop working right after my 1st stop to home. But after arriving home, I waited about 30 mins and remote start the A/C. It works again. It works since then. I made an appointment today to get the A/C checked.
I had issues with our AC also. Took it in for service, they replaced two sensors and all is well now.

Oh good, hopefully that’s all it is. Sucks they have to pick up the car and ship it 5 hours away. They did mention that a mobile tech would likely not be able to repair.

Absolutely love the car though, never imagined it’d be this much fun to drive.

Reactions: nvx1977
Just discovered my AC isn’t working. Took delivery in august. Tried soft and hard reset of the car and no luck. Mobile service says they don’t service AC issues so will have to wait 2 weeks before the next opening at the service center. Guess I’m not driving to LA as planned :/

Usually soft reset will fix odd issues and hopefully save you a trip to the service center.
My Model S once stopped blowing cold air from A/C, and was fixed (and never occurred again) after a soft reset.
Other weird things I have had (on model S... no issues so far on Model 3) include:
-mute turn signal sound
-frozen internet radio/slacker
-other small things I cant remember

all fixed with soft reset

I’m brand new to the forum and the M3. My apologies if I’m asking a dumb question.

In South Florida I set the AC to middle vents only, on the auto setting.

Whenever I exit and re-enter the car, the AC resets to bottom vents in the auto mode. Bottom vents? Not in this climate, if useful anywhere for AC.

Why doesn’t the AC maintain my last settings instead of defaulting to different settings? Am I missing something?

Just discovered my AC isn’t working. Took delivery in august. Tried soft and hard reset of the car and no luck. Mobile service says they don’t service AC issues so will have to wait 2 weeks before the next opening at the service center. Guess I’m not driving to LA as planned :/

Is it not cold or no fan at all? My model 3 fan completely stopped working 2 days after delivery. No error, auto fan speed stays at 1 and if switch to manual it will go up and down but no fan at all. It was 130+ inside and I turned off cabin overheat protection that morning because I wanted to see how hot it would get inside. I turned it back on but still fan does not work. I did soft and hard reset, and fan did not work. So I scheduled a service to SC. That evening when interior temp drop down to 90, I went out to try again. Everything works. Next day everything works. I have cabin heat protection on since but it will only work for 12 hours, so on the weekend the car get up to 140 inside, but AC fan still work. No idea what triggered the first time the AC fan stopped working.

I’m brand new to the forum and the M3. My apologies if I’m asking a dumb question.

In South Florida I set the AC to middle vents only, on the auto setting.

Whenever I exit and re-enter the car, the AC resets to bottom vents in the auto mode. Bottom vents? Not in this climate, if useful anywhere for AC.

Why doesn’t the AC maintain my last settings instead of defaulting to different settings? Am I missing something?

Do you use easy entry, or multiple driver profiles? I've noticed that some settings are tied to a profile.

If you use easy entry, try manually selecting that profile and ensuring that your ideal AC settings are also set up there. then switch to your driver profile and ensure that it doesnt change

Great minds thinking alike. I made sure I set the AC controls to my taste in Easy Entry. Did not get a “Save Profile” option so I hoped it would just remember. No dice.

Leaving the AC on auto when shutting down resets the AC to new defaults when the car restarts. I like my settings better. Small bummer.