Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger port cover broke from power outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree it's preferable to the dealer experiences I've had for recalls. I've never spent more than $5000 on a car before this, so I'm not always certain of what to expect. I would have been more ok if when I called they just said "tough luck, we can't get there sooner." It was maddening that they kept saying they were going to do something, and never did. Being out a of use for a week from a new car is also unacceptable. Since they can't do a loaner I would have expected Uber credits, or at least some Supercharger credits for the inconvenience! It also firmly leaves us in the category of Teslas shouldn't be for someone who has to rely on that vehicle to get to work, or they may get fired.

Update: The service tech was great but I'm sure he was stressed being behind schedule with this being more extensive than expected. He left my trunk liner laying in the parking lot🙄
I guess it depends on which SC, but here in California Bay Area, I was offered an Enterprise loaner or Uber credits, but it was for something that they needed to keep the car for more than a day. I don't believe they offer it if it is a same day fix or if you get Mobile service.

This Boeing? LOL

ap24008258297354_custom-1eb80a87ed7e513902dd01098e2e2b2efeebaafc-s800-c85.webp

It hasn't listed as an option for any of my services, including a tire rotation where anyone with a jack can do it (as mobile service did). I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten work done there? I had a theory they would use it to base the rangers out of it, stockpile parts and such, but not actually perform work so not to run afoul of the laws.