Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Autopilot upgrade yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery Dec 2018, mid-range no EAP. As most are aware with release of standard M3 "new" autopilot option was offered which was later also offered for $2000 to existing owners like myself (no EAP). I paid for the upgrade on 3/11. Still waiting to get it...! :(

Have had numerous calls to cust support. They first said let's try to 'manually' push the update... dunno what that means. Asked me to provide screenshot of transaction as proof-of-payment - 4 different reps asked me this spread over 10 days...
why? Each time I call to get status I get a new rep who tells me - "don't see record of payment" even though previous rep has verified.... WT grand F?!!

As much as I love and admire Tesla this is now sheer harassment!
Does anyone have had similar experience and were able to resolve? Or any other suggestions? Please help!!!!

I'm curious what update you need to have your EAP. I too got delivery of my car in December but I did order EAP. So I had EAP features as soon as I started driving. My software was somewhere around 2018.50 something.

So what update do you need? Your software should be able to handle EAP. Maybe your car needs to know that it has EAP so that it will use the (already available) software??? So is that a software version update or is it simply a "flag" in your car that says, "I have EAP"?

I'm curious what update you need to have your EAP. I too got delivery of my car in December but I did order EAP. So I had EAP features as soon as I started driving. My software was somewhere around 2018.50 something.

So what update do you need? Your software should be able to handle EAP. Maybe your car needs to know that it has EAP so that it will use the (already available) software??? So is that a software version update or is it simply a "flag" in your car that says, "I have EAP"?

Currently I have 2019.5.15 f5def7e which I'm told, by several reps, is what's required for autopilot update...

Same here... I got my M3 in October '18 without EAP/FSD. Decided to take a plunge with new AP ($2K), two weeks ago. Never heard a thing or had any software update until last night when I posted in this forum and someone posted the below message. Tried this morning and my new AP was enabled... did not get any messages or software ... don't know when/how it was enabled... btw, I got the recent software update as well ..2019.8.3

Response to my question....
"You can verify by going to Autopilot menu on your car display and

Adjust any number from 1 to 7 on:
"Cruise Follow Distance"

And toggle on or off the:
"Autosteer (beta)"

If you can't adjust those settings then it's not enabled yet."

Good Luck!!

Took delivery Dec 2018, mid-range no EAP. As most are aware with release of standard M3 "new" autopilot option was offered which was later also offered for $2000 to existing owners like myself (no EAP). I paid for the upgrade on 3/11. Still waiting to get it...! :(

Have had numerous calls to cust support. They first said let's try to 'manually' push the update... dunno what that means. Asked me to provide screenshot of transaction as proof-of-payment - 4 different reps asked me this spread over 10 days...
why? Each time I call to get status I get a new rep who tells me - "don't see record of payment" even though previous rep has verified.... WT grand F?!!

As much as I love and admire Tesla this is now sheer harassment!
Does anyone have had similar experience and were able to resolve? Or any other suggestions? Please help!!!!

Currently I have 2019.5.15 f5def7e which I'm told, by several reps, is what's required for autopilot update...
Pretty much any version of the software can have AP enabled.
It's not related to version number, just whether it's switched on or not.
Version number just affects how well AP works, with modern versions supposed to be better.

You would think we would be notified (someway - mail, text message, notification on screen, etc...) but apparently Tesla enables on its own timeline WITHOUT letting the customer know.... kinda weird for such a tech savvy company.

Version number just affects how well AP works, with modern versions supposed to be better.

Although you may be semi-right, stand alone AP (not to be confused with EAP) which they had just started selling..began rolling out with the 5.15 rollout. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's correct. Those who order AP and FSD (which is basically EAP) were able to get it switched on with previous software versions.

Same here... I got my M3 in October '18 without EAP/FSD. Decided to take a plunge with new AP ($2K), two weeks ago. Never heard a thing or had any software update until last night when I posted in this forum and someone posted the below message. Tried this morning and my new AP was enabled... did not get any messages or software ... don't know when/how it was enabled... btw, I got the recent software update as well ..2019.8.3 ...

Response to my question....
"You can verify by going to Autopilot menu on your car display and

Adjust any number from 1 to 7 on:
"Cruise Follow Distance"

And toggle on or off the:
"Autosteer (beta)"

If you can't adjust those settings then it's not enabled yet."

Good Luck!!

I'll give that a try tonight. And super jealous on you getting 8.3... LOL

You would think we would be notified (someway - mail, text message, notification on screen, etc...) but apparently Tesla enables on its own timeline WITHOUT letting the customer know.... kinda weird for such a tech savvy company.

It's more like bizarre + Transylvania 6-5000 weird combined LOL...

I used to have a retail business back in the late 90s and carried portable credit-card processing machines (yup, those were available and working back then - Verifones). Any transaction that I processed left it's digital footprints with date/time of transaction, name, etc. all saved for eternity.... fast forward 25 years later right in the middle of the digital age and their online POS transactions can't be traced by Tesla, just doesn't add up!!

as there is a packaging/bundle difference between AP & EAP I would suspect that it really is related to the software version in your car.
Maybe 2019.8.3 will unlock it for you.
Its worthwhile checking your vehicle details in your account to make sure it sees it there.

Perhaps it's not activating because the car thinks you don't have AP. So when you called they wanted to see proof of payment because it wasn't showing up under your VIN? So for all your car knows you didn't buy AP. Maybe sort out with customer service that you did buy AP.