Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Battery Performance Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On this same topic, I paid for FSD at purchase. and have it listed at $3K in my purchase agreement, but it does not show on my generated MVPA linked online. On this main car screen I see:

Options
"No Battery Performance"
"Full Self-Driving Capability"

Does anyone know if this means: Yes it has FSD paid for and eligible for HW3 upgrade eventually? Or capable means FSD not yet purchased?

A great question. My 2019 MS says the same but this thread is proof that Tesla's screen is pretty vague. Elon is quoted in Electrek that HW3 and FSD are now synonymous, but then goes on to say HW2.5 to HW3 requires only a computer board change, he does not mention HW2. My question would be can HW2 be upgraded in the same way? If the car does not have the necessary sensors or MCU I think Tesla may "punt". FYI my MVPA states $3000 for Autopilot and $5000 for FSD. So if you got it all for $3K that is a deal. A call to Tesla Service will answer the question. What HW version are you currently on?

A great question. My 2019 MS says the same but this thread is proof that Tesla's screen is pretty vague. Elon is quoted in Electrek that HW3 and FSD are now synonymous, but then goes on to say HW2.5 to HW3 requires only a computer board change, he does not mention HW2. My question would be can HW2 be upgraded in the same way? If the car does not have the necessary sensors or MCU I think Tesla may "punt". FYI my MVPA states $3000 for Autopilot and $5000 for FSD. So if you got it all for $3K that is a deal. A call to Tesla Service will answer the question. What HW version are you currently on?

I am on HW2 MCU1. Back in early late 2016 - early 2017 we had to pay $5000 for AP2 and an additional $3000 for FSD. Since my last post I did notice my signed MVPA lists the option as "Full Self-Driving Capability" so I am hoping this means what we see on the Account car screen website means yes, FSD is paid for. anf we will eventually get upgraded no matter what is needed. If not, then a buyback will be in order similar to the VW diesel buybacks. I wonder if 2016/2017 cars still are offered the option to purchase FSD knowing that it might mean an even bigger upgrade than just the HW3 board.

I am on HW2 MCU1. Back in early late 2016 - early 2017 we had to pay $5000 for AP2 and an additional $3000 for FSD. Since my last post I did notice my signed MVPA lists the option as "Full Self-Driving Capability" so I am hoping this means what we see on the Account car screen website means yes, FSD is paid for. anf we will eventually get upgraded no matter what is needed. If not, then a buyback will be in order similar to the VW diesel buybacks. I wonder if 2016/2017 cars still are offered the option to purchase FSD knowing that it might mean an even bigger upgrade than just the HW3 board.
You should absolutely get it then.

You should absolutely get it then.

Except someone with HW2 / MCU1 tried a MCU upgrade and it caused issues. So let's see if they can tune it out. I do think this will be a lawsuit as some point, but I don't know who will win.

The original language, promised the use of 8 cameras instead of 4. That's doable w/o a MCU upgrade. The rest of it is functionality that's not tied to MCU3 neccesarily. The original purchase never specified a hardware upgrade. Musk stated it via twitter; but he's stated many things and his statement isn't a part of the original agreement.