Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No customer service for 2013 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S with 133K miles on it. My problem is that it is extremely difficult, nearly impossible to get any customer service. When I first got the car customer service was great. It went from excellent to good, good to so so, and now I am being ignored. No service.

Tesla just wants me to buy another car or pretend we (early adapters) don't exist. Since I have unlimited charging, I got the sense that Tesla wants to shut me down so I won't compete with new owners for the charging stations.

Tesla has stopped answering phones so there is no live person to help with my car anymore.
Tesla Service Centers have no phones that any customers can call.
Tesla will arbitrarily reschedule service appointments, they've done that to me 7-8 times this year.

At this point, I just want to fix a simple rattling noise problem and get rid of this car. It's a nice car, but there is nowhere to fix it except at Tesla. Any suggestions? I really need to get the rattling noise on the door fixed. I am located in the San Gabriel Valley in the Los Angeles area. Thanks.

It’s true, they don’t want to talk to you on the phone. Schedule an appointment in the app if you want them to fix it. It’s literally the only way.

Or take it somewhere else. Anyone can fix a rattle in a door. Take it to a stereo or tint shop.

Reactions: Akikiki
You need to find another service center that has a service advisor that does their job, I never have received this kind of service. My service center is very responsive to my needs on both my Tesla’s, talk to the service manager.
Many of the service advisors are quite good if you use the system they’ve designed. My service center is awesome, but I use the app to schedule things, use text to communicate with them while the car is in service, and otherwise play in their pond by their rules.

OP seems to want that “personal touch” only an AT&T operator can provide. Tesla’s pretty clear the telephone is not a technology they’re willing to embrace any more for service. If that’s a dealbreaker for you, you should probably move on. Not worth the fight.

I have a 2013 Model S with 133K miles on it. My problem is that it is extremely difficult, nearly impossible to get any customer service. When I first got the car customer service was great. It went from excellent to good, good to so so, and now I am being ignored. No service.

<SNIP>

At this point, I just want to fix a simple rattling noise problem and get rid of this car. It's a nice car, but there is nowhere to fix it except at Tesla. Any suggestions? I really need to get the rattling noise on the door fixed. I am located in the San Gabriel Valley in the Los Angeles area. Thanks.

In FL there is a place called Electrified Garage. There are other variations around the county. Staffed, I presume, by former Tesla employees or other enthusiasts. At the top of the TMC homepage there are six headings, one of which is "Vendors". Select that link and follow the instructions and see what comes up. You may not have to deal with Tesla. Good Luck.

In FL there is a place called Electrified Garage. There are other variations around the county. Staffed, I presume, by former Tesla employees or other enthusiasts. At the top of the TMC homepage there are six headings, one of which is "Vendors". Select that link and follow the instructions and see what comes up. You may not have to deal with Tesla. Good Luck.
Country, but, yeah. Find an authorized repair shop that does in-person ‘we do it the old way’ customer service.

Reactions: Ciaopec
OP seems to want that “personal touch” only an AT&T operator can provide. Tesla’s pretty clear the telephone is not a technology they’re willing to embrace any more for service. If that’s a dealbreaker for you, you should probably move on. Not worth the fight.
Except he paid dearly for that initial customer service and was not told it was a fluke or temporary.

BTW what ever happened to the Orange County service centers that were going to be split for MS/MX and M3/Y? Never heard much more than the announcement and have not seen posts about if it occurred and made any difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciaopec
Except he paid dearly for that initial customer service and was not told it was a fluke or temporary.
“Past performance is not indicative of future results.”

I get it, but I didn’t buy an early, expensive car from what basically amounts to an emerging tech company with a highly public ambition for exponential growth thinking that I was owed a static and unchanging experience for the next 8 years, for better or worse. The writing was on the wall, even way back then. The implication being we’re moving mainstream, doing things differently, and our customer support model is much more “Apple” than “Audi”.

BTW what ever happened to the Orange County service centers that were going to be split for MS/MS and M3/Y? Never heard much more than the announcement and have not seen posts about if it occurred and made any difference.
I’m not sure, although I doubt this was ever intended to provide a higher touch, more “boutique” experience to S/X owners or bring back personal concierges that always answer by the second ring. This was a streamlining and efficiency thing.