Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No EAP option in US market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand it, EAP is available as a purchase or subscription in some foreign markets. Why is this not currently available in the US? With the take rate on FSD being so low, this might be a potential revenue stream for Tesla. As it stands FSD is way to expensive for what you get and I and probably others would be interested in EAP at a lower price point whether purchase or subscription.

For some reason, it seems Tesla buyers of old seemed more in tune with Tesla’s idea behind pricing and business model of the various ADAS options over the years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In the past, I don’t think buyers thought the FSD capability purchase price only yielded a return of what it was capable of then. It was capable of so much less back then and the price wasn’t that different ($8k in spring 2018). The understanding was you were paying for what you would get in the future. On the other hand, the monthly subscription price does seem to be a pay for what’s available now option.

These days, somehow people are only comparing the full purchase price to what you get now. I wonder how that shift happened.

In my mind, that thinking is only reserved for the monthly subscription price. For example, I fully expect the monthly subscription price to go up quite a bit if/when FSD or at least level 2 streets NoA is available (the latter seems not too far away now).

The OP question above just doesn’t make sense to me. It doesn’t make sense to me to ever offer EAP now that AP comes included (it didn’t used to). It seems to make sense to me that if someone is willing to pay for EAP now, they’ll likely be willing to pay for FSD later (higher price and therefore more revenue). Is Tesla even counting FSD capability purchases as revenue yet? I remember they deferring it before.

The reason EAP is only offered in certain regions is because those regions don’t have all of the FSD capabilities that are available in the US. It’s possible Tesla will offer EAP in the US for a limited time as they’ve done before, but don’t count on it.

Reactions: TresLA