Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No EDD. Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery times can be a bit elusive in Japan. Include the current shipping bottlenecks globally and as expected things are highly delayed.
We are preparing for delivery these days with our SA.

At the moment we expect the car to be delivered by the end of June.

We have not received any update from the date of order until the VIN has been assigned. Now we are filling out the documents for registration (parking, license plate, payment terms, final invoice, etc). Next they will assign us the correct delivery window and proceed with payment.

I'm sharing this for those who are going through the same process and are wondering what's going on.

Reactions: susteki
We are preparing for delivery these days with our SA.

At the moment we expect the car to be delivered by the end of June.

We have not received any update from the date of order until the VIN has been assigned. Now we are filling out the documents for registration (parking, license plate, payment terms, final invoice, etc). Next they will assign us the correct delivery window and proceed with payment.

I'm sharing this for those who are going through the same process and are wondering what's going on.
Looking forward to June and as many people as possible getting their cars! (myself included, fingers crossed)

Looking forward to June and as many people as possible getting their cars! (myself included, fingers crossed)

I was assigned a delivery date today (March 17). I won't be in Japan until June 27, so I am asking now if it's possible to delay delivery by two weeks.

I will keep you posted on this. I am sure someone is or will be in a similar situation.

Attachments

• IMAGE 2022-05-23 10:09:14.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-05-23 10:09:14.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 67
I was assigned a delivery date today (March 17). I won't be in Japan until June 27, so I am asking now if it's possible to delay delivery by two weeks.

I will keep you posted on this. I am sure someone is or will be in a similar situation.
My delivery date is a week before yours!!

Anyhow, I called them today to ask them something about the paperwork and they told me that if they don't get the paperwork back in time that the delivery would be delayed, so I guess at least the paperwork being tidy and ready to do is definitely a thing to ensure timely delivery.

But at least good that your delivery window is only within 10 days! I think you should be fine to get them to get it ready for you, did you already order chargers and stuff?

My delivery date is a week before yours!!

Anyhow, I called them today to ask them something about the paperwork and they told me that if they don't get the paperwork back in time that the delivery would be delayed, so I guess at least the paperwork being tidy and ready to do is definitely a thing to ensure timely delivery.

But at least good that your delivery window is only within 10 days! I think you should be fine to get them to get it ready for you, did you already order chargers and stuff?

So we contacted our SA this morning to explain the situation, and he was kind enough to postpone our delivery until June 30.

If everything goes smoothly, we should have no problem getting our car that day.

I ordered the mobile connector and console trays and have already received them at our address in Japan (ordered May 13, received May 17).

So we contacted our SA this morning to explain the situation, and he was kind enough to postpone our delivery until June 30.

If everything goes smoothly, we should have no problem getting our car that day.

I ordered the mobile connector and console trays and have already received them at our address in Japan (ordered May 13, received May 17).
The delays almost worked to your favour! lol

But awesome that they accepted your request, which was very reasonable anyhow.

Not many people can say that they are moving to Japan and have a Tesla waiting for them lol!

• Funny
Reactions: nishinari
Hello, I am wondering what is a 'normal' wait period for M3 in Japan. I duly waited my 12 weeks and was contacted my by TA to confirm certain details. When I asked for an update delivery time frame, well, let's just say I may as well have asked the cat. Shanghai lockdowns have certainly played havoc with the schedules - got it. There is not enough orders for Japan to charter a vessel so I assume they are simply flinging them on boats already headed to Japan.

Hello, I am wondering what is a 'normal' wait period for M3 in Japan. I duly waited my 12 weeks and was contacted my by TA to confirm certain details. When I asked for an update delivery time frame, well, let's just say I may as well have asked the cat. Shanghai lockdowns have certainly played havoc with the schedules - got it. There is not enough orders for Japan to charter a vessel so I assume they are simply flinging them on boats already headed to Japan.

Heya, before the Shanghai lockdowns and the release of the Model Y, it used to be around 1.5 months from purchase to delivery. Now it appears to be around 3 or 4 months, from what I can peek in the Teskas forum.

Cheers for that. Hoping the capacity upgrades to Giga Shanghai means they can squeeze out my car next month.
As an indication, Australian Model 3 orders from February are on the boat from Shanghai now and deliveries are expected in the coming weeks. If you ordered after this date you will be affected by the current shutdown of the Model 3 production line to upgrade its capacity, so earliest is likely to be September or October.

As an indication, Australian Model 3 orders from February are on the boat from Shanghai now and deliveries are expected in the coming weeks. If you ordered after this date you will be affected by the current shutdown of the Model 3 production line to upgrade its capacity, so earliest is likely to be September or October.
Ordered 9th of April and so there is no doubt that the Shanghai lockdown has delayed the original timeline. This current upgrades to Giga Shanghai have also contributed to delays. Appreciate the information though. I reckon you are right - likely to be October.

Go to teskas.net where Japan buyers use a google form to track deliveries - it will give you a better idea.

Go to teskas.net where Japan buyers use a google form to track deliveries - it will give you a better idea.

Cheers for that - I have eyes on that forum as well