Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Floor Mats at Delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they would at least put a piece of fiber board in the frunk. There are bolts exposed and more without anything there. Stuff you set in there would bump around and get scratched by the exposed hardware. Probably would cost Tesla just a few pennies. They did this in the frunk for cheapo VWs in the sixties.

Just picking up my SR+ today and no mats. The frunk has bolts and such showing without a mat. No carpet mats in stock in the Denver store so you are SOL. Kinda ridiculous for a car costing $40K. They should say something when you place your order as the web site is silent on this cheapo sales tactic.

Didn't you reject your car and buy a Bolt? or am I thinking of someone else?

Didn't you reject your car and buy a Bolt? or am I thinking of someone else?

No it’s him, he declined delivery over a scratch. Bought the bolt and saved about $15k, then went to tesla to get a refund on the trunk mat and apparently talked to an employee about the situation with the scratch. Said employee apparently “acted” like he didn’t care and told him they sold it to someone else.

Before you asked, I have read a lot of posts as I’m in the market to buy a p3d.

SR+ Delivery with Scratch | Tesla would not fix | Poll Q

I did pass on the SR+, but that post you quoted @SMAIset was made while I was waiting for them to fix the scratches after a failed 10:00 AM delviery. They said they would replace the bumper, then that they would buff out the scratches so I Ubered to work while that was getting done. I am not sure they did anything about the 6 or so scratches. When I returned, the worst scratch was still visible in an outdoor delivery with heavy snow coming down. All I asked is that they note the issue on a Due Bill or e-mail after signing off all paperwork, loading the car with my stuff and pairing my phone. The delivery guy first said yes, but then came back as I was about to leave and now refused to do any documentation of the damage and said I could take the car with the scratches (that would never be fixed) or walk. I took the latter option to turn down my 7th Tesla car purchase. There will never be another and I am enjoying my Bolt very much considering the price.

I just picked up my SR+, went to the Costco Canada site mentioned above to look at the floor mats and was taken to an external link to configure the mats. There was no option for 2019 Model 3. I saw that some people have ordered it. Which car did you choose?

I am just floored thinking that Tesla is using floor mat absence as a differentiator for partial premium. It just makes the company look bad. Saves them a few bucks at most. And not going to change anyone’s mind from an SR to an LR. What’s the saying, missing the forest for the trees? If I were a lay person buying an SR+ and it came with no floor mats, I’d be pretty upset that my still pretty expensive car was missing floor mats. I love this company and it’s cars, but I worry about the decisions they’re making lately.