Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No listenable music/audio in my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS 2020

Streaming music cuts/skips in and out and XM is all staticy. So basically I have no music/audio in my car that’s listenable! For at least a week. Possibly more, but I was out of town for 3 weeks so don’t know.
Scheduled a service call but they said it’s firmware and a forthcoming update will fix it. Last night update/version 2023.2.12 was installed. It’s still broken though.
This is unacceptable. I have had this car for 3 years. No issues with the sound. Tesla should have already reverted the code that broke this. Why not? And what’s the ETA? This is a critical bug.

My lease is coming to an end next month and I just put a $250 deposit on a new Tesla and now seriously considering backing out and getting a different car.

Which streaming music do you listen to? Apple Music is quirky and skips sometimes, but it basically works. The default streaming service seems to work fine (whatever they call Slacker now). I don't use XM so I can't comment, but I've seen other posts about XM static.

Are you have any other connectivity issues when driving, i.e., weak LTE signal?

Which streaming music do you listen to? Apple Music is quirky and skips sometimes, but it basically works. The default streaming service seems to work fine (whatever they call Slacker now). I don't use XM so I can't comment, but I've seen other posts about XM static.

Spotify and slacker.

-slacker and Spotify both cut in and out (pause) frequently.
-XM has continuous static all throughout and on every channel

LTE signal is mostly fine. I have full bars during these interruptions.

Sounds more like a hardware issue than software. If it were software there would be many others with the same issues, and I have not seen anyone else reporting this. I am on the same version and everything is working fine.

It does sound like a connectivity issue.
There are other threads here from various time frames and various models / operating systems / versions

Lol
What a joke. All these frequent software changes and no transparency. And I’m supposed to plop down $100k for another one without a working radio. Come on Tesla. You need to do much better.
I’m not minimizing the issue, but no one is forcing you to buy another Tesla. There are other options. Tesla doesn’t have much incentive to fix issues like this if people keep buying their cars anyway.

Yeah, because that software is great….at least you know for sure Tesla will come with an over-the-air sollution as soon as possible, were most others never will update anything.

Unfortunately it seems for the legacy owners that every update gets worse. Nothing has greatly improved my car or added neat features. like I had hoped updates would do. Just more of an annoyance waiting for created bugs to get fixed. My Sirius recents/favorites saved channels has been broken for nearly a year.

Just a quick update for whatever benefit it may serve to existing or potential new customers (from a customer service standpoint). I officially cancelled my pending order on a new MS. So Tesla just lost me as a customer. Will go elsewhere.

MS 2020

Streaming music cuts/skips in and out and XM is all staticy. So basically I have no music/audio in my car that’s listenable! For at least a week. Possibly more, but I was out of town for 3 weeks so don’t know.
Scheduled a service call but they said it’s firmware and a forthcoming update will fix it. Last night update/version 2023.2.12 was installed. It’s still broken though.
This is unacceptable. I have had this car for 3 years. No issues with the sound. Tesla should have already reverted the code that broke this. Why not? And what’s the ETA? This is a critical bug.

My lease is coming to an end next month and I just put a $250 deposit on a new Tesla and now seriously considering backing out and getting a different car.
I am having the same issues on all my in car streaming music choices. I don't have XM so can speak to that option. Problem since at least 2023.2.10, 2023.2.11 and now 2023.2.12.

MS 2020

I too have this issue. It started with the prior version, and with the latest (2023.2.12) I too have these 1/4sec drop-out in streaming. It doesn't matter what station or service. It happens about every other song.
How much regression testing goes on? The unintended consequences from s/w updates happens at about a 50% rate it seems.

Reactions: SneepeZ
My problem has been fixed with the music drop outs. I originally put in a service request due to no longer being able to access the car via the app when on wifi. I suspected a failing connectivity board based on seeing some comments on another thread. After having it replaced I no longer get any music drop outs and I can wake up the car while on wifi. While I no longer was under the bumper to bumper warranty, I had upgraded the car to MCU2 of which the connectivity board is a subassembly so it was covered under the MCU2 warranty. The Tesla remote diagnosis was done a day before the MCU2 warranty (2 years/25k miles) expired so they covered the cost even though I didn't bring it in for service a day after the warranty expired. The original cost estimate was over $400 with tax which included the remote diagnostic fee but was later changed to "Pay type: Goodwill - Remote Support" and "Pay type: Parts Warranty" for the connectivity board as I pointed out that it should be covered under the MCU2 warranty.

Conclusion - Music drop outs not a software bug but a hardware defect. Well...at least for me.

Attachments

• Connectivity_Board.jpg
    Connectivity_Board.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Informative
Reactions: KalJoMoS