Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer trade in Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the process if I no longer want to trade in my vehicle? I have an offer on the car that I'm going to take. Can I simply show up on pickup day without the trade in and pay the difference? My ISA has started to ignore me....

You're lucky...my trade in just died (transmission issue three days before delivery). Called ISA he removed the trade in so the contract will be reflected properly. Anyone want to buy a Ford fiesta (probably with a new transmission soon :) ).

CASH is CASH, dont expect to show up without a trade and expect the Finacial company to re-negociate your New Car Loan on the spot wont happen. Just show up with cash on hand to cover the trade difference. They will just have to reprint the documents and youll be delayed up to an hour.

Does anyone know the process if I no longer want to trade in my vehicle? I have an offer on the car that I'm going to take. Can I simply show up on pickup day without the trade in and pay the difference? My ISA has started to ignore me....

When I showed up for my delivery, the paperwork had a trade-in that I no longer wanted to trade due to a miscommunication with my sales rep. The delivery rep said it would take a few hours for the corporate office to generate new paperwork, so I left for lunch, and the new paperwork was ready in an hour. I had to confirm the new down payment and monthly payment amounts with them on the phone. It's not a big deal to change your mind, but give them a couple days advance notice, otherwise you'll waste a couple hours of your time and theirs.