Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am losing LTE.....outdoors, uncovered.

A little background:
I had LTE issues early on (took delivery in late Dec 2018). The Service Center replaced the modem hardware. I continued to have issues, sometimes not having LTE for entire drives of 40+ miles. The Service Center then replaced another part. Since the most recent update that I received (2019.8.3) I am again losing LTE.

This really seems like a software/firmware issue more than anything. Very unnerving. Anyone else having issues with this update?

So I am losing LTE.....outdoors, uncovered.

A little background:
I had LTE issues early on (took delivery in late Dec 2018). The Service Center replaced the modem hardware. I continued to have issues, sometimes not having LTE for entire drives of 40+ miles. The Service Center then replaced another part. Since the most recent update that I received (2019.8.3) I am again losing LTE.

This really seems like a software/firmware issue more than anything. Very unnerving. Anyone else having issues with this update?

Same here. I've had LTE issues through 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5. SC replaced LTE board, but the problem remains. They mentioned that it is a known issue with firmware and a small number of cars, and that the next revision (post-8.x) should remedy it. We'll see.

Same issue here.. Lost LTE yesterday, and it didn't come back yet.

Contacted Tesla Support, and no fix. I probably need to come in (and it will probably take 1 month + before they have a timeslot :( ).

Running 2019.8.4 on a MX, in Europe...