Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No major problems with my car! But this is a problem...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model X 3 weeks ago. I have driven over 2000 miles since getting this car on 2 road trips (SF<->LA and SF->Seattle). This was an inventory car with roughly 950 miles on the car with a build date of 8/2017.

There have been no major problems with the car - FWD works well, everything seems aligned well, seats all seem ok, etc.

However, this is a slight problem because there are a few very minor issues that I would like the SC to look at but these issues on their own don't seem worthy to allocate a trip to the SC:

1) When I took delivery, the car was missing the mobile phone adapter so I'd like to get one.
2) there is a very slight dimple in the plastic paneling inside on the passenger side to the side of the 3rd row. - I'm not sure if they can do anything about this but wanted them to take a look.
3) Sometimes there is a slight rattle on the front drivers side door(?) - However this is hard to reproduce and it seems to go away for long periods of time so maybe it's nothing.

Other issues:
1) The rear carpet backing on one of the seats was protruding up but when I unzipped it and re-did it, it seems ok now.
2) I once got an error on the charging hatch but that was one time and I haven't seen it since. I used my hand to close it that time and haven't used my hand to close it since.

When I took delivery, it was missing the tow package so I got this added to the due bill and called for an appointment but the SC doesn't have parts in stock so I'm waiting. It seems like this can take several months though?

I'd prefer to take the car in early because the more time passes, I think the more they are going to say "how do I know that you didn't make that little dimple in the plastic?"

You ensure they don't say you made the dimple in the plastic by creating a punch list - and dropping it off - this way the date is noted.

Then you take a photo of the dimple - the metadata will preserve the date - most people don't know how to go in and mess with that =

You ensure they don't say you made the dimple in the plastic by creating a punch list - and dropping it off - this way the date is noted.

Then you take a photo of the dimple - the metadata will preserve the date - most people don't know how to go in and mess with that =

I took delivery of my Model X 3 weeks ago. I have driven over 2000 miles since getting this car on 2 road trips (SF<->LA and SF->Seattle). This was an inventory car with roughly 950 miles on the car with a build date of 8/2017.

There have been no major problems with the car - FWD works well, everything seems aligned well, seats all seem ok, etc.

However, this is a slight problem because there are a few very minor issues that I would like the SC to look at but these issues on their own don't seem worthy to allocate a trip to the SC:

1) When I took delivery, the car was missing the mobile phone adapter so I'd like to get one.
2) there is a very slight dimple in the plastic paneling inside on the passenger side to the side of the 3rd row. - I'm not sure if they can do anything about this but wanted them to take a look.
3) Sometimes there is a slight rattle on the front drivers side door(?) - However this is hard to reproduce and it seems to go away for long periods of time so maybe it's nothing.

Other issues:
1) The rear carpet backing on one of the seats was protruding up but when I unzipped it and re-did it, it seems ok now.
2) I once got an error on the charging hatch but that was one time and I haven't seen it since. I used my hand to close it that time and haven't used my hand to close it since.

When I took delivery, it was missing the tow package so I got this added to the due bill and called for an appointment but the SC doesn't have parts in stock so I'm waiting. It seems like this can take several months though?

I'd prefer to take the car in early because the more time passes, I think the more they are going to say "how do I know that you didn't make that little dimple in the plastic?"

Other issues:

I have had no problem with TESLA attending to every issue. They seem to want to please