Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No menu for saved dashcam clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone tell me where the menu for viewing saved dashcam clips is. I’ve read the manual watched videos. There is no menu when i pull up the camera by touching the icon. Its got the usb it came with 2022 MY. When i touch the format button it says it will delete all content. Does this mean it was never formatted. Thanks.

I think you may have to pull the USB and view it in a PC or something like that. I downloaded mine this way.

if you select the memory card through the menu AND touch the format button, it will assume you want to format the memory card, so don't do that.

It can be viewed in the car (as evidenced by all the "wham baam teslacam" videos where the driver shows the cops the footage).

But you have to be parked... and the videos actually have to be saved. To manually save, you tap the dashcam icon (gray box with "camera lens")... the other icon (just "camera lens") is only to view what the three cameras see (back and two sides). You can tap the horn to save it, if you have that setting on.

As I understand it, the camera records the last hour of video and continually overwrites it unless you save a clip in which case it will save the last 10 minutes of that saved video. I had to disable "honk to save" on a relative's Tesla because the USB would fill up with saved video then when you really need a video clip it won't be saved unless you erase those saved videos.

I guess i wasnt clear. I was able to view saved videos which i had saved manually on my pc by removing the usb and putting it in my computer. But every instructional video i watch people are able to view saved clips on screen in the car.
So where is the access or viewing while parked on the screen in the car.
I have three saved clips and can not find where to watch them in the car only on my computer. Would be cool to see what i manually saved when i get to my destination. Thanks

Put the car in park, the USB has to be installed. Look at the top right of the screen and you should see a camera icon, if it is working there will be a red dot in the camera. Now just touch the camera icon to open the viewing screen.