Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more high sensitivity on wipers with 2.9.12.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this after last update to 2.9.12, can't say for sure it was not present on 2.7.x. High setting same as low, and low seems less sensitive than before. Anyone else have this problem? If not, might be my stalk switch failed.
I'm curious as to your testing methodology, I've always had trouble telling for sure if one's more sensitive than the other, it tends to boil down to vague feelings over long periods of time. If you have a better method for checking, I'm all ears.

It was always hyper sensitive on High before, switching into high speed with light rain or just wiping much more frequently than when on the low setting. Now, when driving in light rain in low setting the wipers wipe intermittently as before, changing to high setting makes no difference in time between wipes or speed. In heavy rain both settings run the wipers continuously on slow speed. Only way to get high speed is to manually switch to that setting.

I've never been able to figure the difference. They are both a bit whacky. But the second one seems to go into crazy mode more easily. But living in CA and after having the car for 15 months, I STILL have not driven the car in real rain. Just mist and drizzle. I have no idea how she will handle in the rain! That's a bit disconcerting...

I've never been able to figure the difference. They are both a bit whacky. But the second one seems to go into crazy mode more easily. But living in CA and after having the car for 15 months, I STILL have not driven the car in real rain. Just mist and drizzle. I have no idea how she will handle in the rain! That's a bit disconcerting...

Even in real downpours, I've only turned on the wipers once or twice. Typically I just do the press-and-wipe every so often because the glass cleaner I use makes the water bead up and run off.