Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more low Regen on LR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a Tesla Model S Long Range+ Saturday. I read the manual before delivery and saw the two levels of regen, however I could not find low regen in my car settings.

I find the car hard to learn to drive smoothly with the level of regen it has. I wish there was a training wheels mode for new Tesla drivers that are coming from ICE cars. My wife is really struggling to drive smooth. We both let off the "gas" pedel too much and it feels like we have slammed on the brakes. For now, I will hand out barf bags to any passengers because I don't want them to make a mess in my new car. It would be nice to have the option of different levels of regen.

I got my first Tesla in my middle 70s. Driving it was automatic after about 5 minutes. Any number of people have driven it without any issue. You may be overthinking it. You don’t lift your foot. Just relax the pressure on the pedal and let your foot rotate. The only time you lift your foot is when you have to use the brake, which should be rarely.