Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more S75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. The old frunk (I have one!) is quite spacious and useful. I worry the newer smaller ones may be hurting the argument about how much available space there can be in an EV.
MS still has loads of space compared to any ICE but it's true you can't fit two golf trolleys in the frunk any more (or five weekend bags in stead of three).

One person in Sweden that are waiting on his Model S 75D have get his price reduce by little less then $5000 so I expect a price drop on 75D. That would make the price difference between Model S and Model 3 little more understandable wish I believe is needed but it will of course also hurt resale value of exciting cars.

Interesting...I haven't taken delivery of mine yet. Gonna try to sneak in an ask. Hoping pricing gets updated Monday so we know if price decrease will actually happen.

I don't think that's true. The + suspension was an Air Suspension from the start.

I was surprised as well; my car is an early one as well so I know it was required initially, but I've seen people post here they have + with coils and AP1 - a unicorn of desirable features for some. I've not seen a car like this in person so grain of salt etc. Assuming they were correct it would be later cars that had the air suspension delete option; early cars definitely did not allow it.

I was surprised as well; my car is an early one as well so I know it was required initially, but I've seen people post here they have + with coils and AP1 - a unicorn of desirable features for some. I've not seen a car like this in person so grain of salt etc. Assuming they were correct it would be later cars that had the air suspension delete option; early cars definitely did not allow it.
Didn't AP1 come out at the same time as P85D which replaced P85? As far as the + suspension, I think it actually is a version of air suspension. Now, someone may be try to Frankenstein a car together from different parts, but if they mixed coil and + suspension parts, calling it a + suspension may be a stretch. Just my opinion.

There are several hundred confirmed P85 cand P85+ cars with AP1, they are referred to as the "300" on this forum but there were likely closer to 400 of them produced; many owners are active here and there is a subforum dedicated to this 300 to track and list VINs of cars that haven't been identified yet. It was a relatively small window of production when P85D and P85 RWD were made side-by-side (less than 2 months?), making all of them unicorns. The claims of some having coils as well would make them even moreso.

I've never looked at what a retrofit would cost, but should my air suspension break after the warranty is gone I will. My + suspension absolutely is, definitely and no question, air suspension, as are nearly all others. I've heard stories that some of those 300 unicorn AP1 P85 that had the Plus Performance Package were able to delete-select the previously mandated air suspension that for most of us was automatically part of the + badge... but I have never seen proof of this in person or convincing photos. IMHO that car would handle best of all.

Last edited: