Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NO MORE USED TESLAS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well there’s actually a fair number of 60s and 85s under $40k for the first time in a few months. I’ve been following EV-CPO for years while dreaming about getting a Tesla, and for most of that time there have been a glut of first-generation Model S cars on the lower end of the price spectrum. After the used inventory went from >1000 to ~100-200 in May/June, it seemed that things were weighted towards newer cars, and the average price jumped by $8000. I’ve got several friends that suddenly started wanted a used Tesla Model S after I brought mine home (imagine!) and were looking at a similar price point, around $40k, so I’ve been keeping an eye on the lower end of the used inventory on EV-CPO.

Reactions: Iceh8r and EV-CPO
Aren't all facelifted 60Ds essentially 75Ds with a software limited battery?
Yes, but don't expect to get the full EPA rated range of a 75D if you get one and upgrade. Battery degradation has been going on for these cars, even though it may not show up in the 60D configuration. 75D rated range was 259 miles. When upgraded to a 75D from 60D a couple of years ago, mine only went to 249 miles RR and now stands at 241 miles. That's about the best you will likely get if upgrading a used 60D, and perhaps worse.

Yes, but don't expect to get the full EPA rated range of a 75D if you get one and upgrade. Battery degradation has been going on for these cars, even though it may not show up in the 60D configuration. 75D rated range was 259 miles. When upgraded to a 75D from 60D a couple of years ago, mine only went to 249 miles RR and now stands at 241 miles. That's about the best you will likely get if upgrading a used 60D, and perhaps worse.

I just find it surprising that when Tesla sells 60D cars, they don't just software unlock and sell for a slightly higher price, as it is a sunk cost for them, and results in extra revenue.